Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a website? Maybe we can link to each other and improve google rankings

Default Got a website? Maybe we can link to each other and improve google rankings

Global laser affiliates so far:
    www.capelasers.co.za
    www.laserads.co.uk
    www.sbk-laser.ch

For those who work with lasers commercially and own websites, I would assume that this counts for a large portion of your new clients (and if it doesn't it should!). There always seems to be someone popping up before my website on google, grrr

I was thinking it would be cool for a group of us who all have decent, reputable laser production websites around the world to help eachother out and become affiliates. This is as simple as a link to each other somewhere on our sites. From what I understand, a group of 10 or 20 or even 50 of us becoming affiliates will give a massive boost over our direct competitors.
    After loads of reading and advice from SEO whizz friends, it appears that the main reason for this is not having a good network of reputable backlinks that are relevant to the laser industry. For instance, sites that laserworld link to get a massive boost in google ranks because laserworld is big and reputable in the eyes of google because loads of companies link to it. We are such a niche industry, and as a result the big fat companies can very easily get ahead of us. The fact that we are reluctant to link to other laser websites really puts us at a disadvantage when it comes to showing up in search results.

I suppose this is advice but also a personal offer - anyone who puts my website www.capelasers.co.za as a clickable link somewhere on theirs, I will do the same. And you should do the same for others. There is no reason not to. If worried about competition, well I am at the bottom of Africa, and even direct competitors would benefit as they would be advantaged over all the other companies in the area.
    Last edited by Humphry; 08-02-2016 at 08:54.

If you detail your sites below im happy to place a link for you on my site http://www.laserads.co.uk/links.html ,

When reciprocating please use text" laser shows in scotland uk " , linking to www.laserads.co.uk

Links Placed so far ,

Cape Lasers
    SBK Lasers
    coherentmagic.com

Last edited by Lasermad; 05-06-2015 at 01:37.
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I'm interested too, as my Google rank is a plain 0 Does this link page have to be accessible with a menu or just a masked link page will work?
    My website : www.sbk-laser.ch

I have now also linked to you , on my site http://www.laserads.co.uk/links.html , if you could reciprocate please use text" laser shows in scotland uk " , linking to www.laserads.co.uk

SBK , natural linking is best , its important in my opinion that the links page on your site is naturally found via a links LINK on your site without any hidden menus etc
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Thanks, yes I'll do the same for you. I'll add a link menu with partners so.

BTW as text for my link, could you please write SBK-Laser - Laser shows in Switzerland

Good to get this going! I am sure more people will jump on board as it really is a no-brainer and trumps paid advertising any day.

Both of you can find your sites listed here: www.capelasers.co.za/resources/

SBK - If your page is not accessible via a menu at the very least, it needs to be properly indexed with google webmaster tools. At the moment this is the case with mine but I will soon be adding a footer for every page and including the link to the page there. Please also use the text 'Laser Shows South Africa' like lasermad has requested on his side, it believe tells google we are not just throwing useless arbitrary links around.
    Last edited by Humphry; 06-12-2015 at 02:21.

Thanks, will do that, also you should also rename the text for my link to "laser shows in Switzerland"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

coherentmagic.com

SBK - I have linked to your site as asked and added yours to the list at the top of the page.

Swamidog - Please point to the page with the link to my website and I will do the same on my end. I am sure the others will also be glad to.