Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.5W RGB projector, ScannerMax 506 scanners, Kvant single mode red, read more....

very funny lol....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

But on a more serious note... To answer your question, I manage a large banquet and conference center where we host primarily weddings but also proms, sweet 16's, anniversarys, birthdays, etc. A few years ago when I started getting into this, it started as an upsell to those clients. Lasers, club lighting, uplighting, spot lights, and so forth. So, I went ahead and got a business license a few years ago and started marketing it more.

I've also done a few shows outside of here as well and hope to do more as time goes on and people learn about it. Granted a lot of the stuff has been bought with the idea of "someday" I'm going to build this or that but, there is a lot of other things I use on a regular basis. And in some cases I've bought something and then haven't necessarily liked the results. I can't tell you how many fog machines and hazers I've tried out but, haven't bothered to sell the old ones. Or, the occasion hasn't been right to use this or that. I've got a Mobolazer for example I've used once in four years but, it's also argon and 240v so, getting power to it is tough and it's noisy as hell so, there are only certain times I can use it. Yet, I have another one I've used about 3-5 times specifically for bridal entrances with a 2.5 watt green. I have plans to eventually use four though - one in each corner of the ballroom. Some of it is based on what a client wants and you'll get something for a particular event. And, truth be told, I've bought some things for no other reason than to use at SELEM. I haven't put a huge dent in what I've spent but, unlike many hobbyists, I do have a way to fund a lot of this crap. And pay for things like SELEM, FLEM and CarribLEM and so forth. CarribLEM for example, was entirely from money that laser shows paid for.

Yes well that makes sense. The right tool for the job and all that.
    Sorry for thread jacking.