Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5W RGB projector, ScannerMax 506 scanners, Kvant single mode red, read more....

Default 3.5W RGB projector, ScannerMax 506 scanners, Kvant single mode red, read more....

Ok, I'll start right out by saying that I'm not sure if this is definitely for sale, but I'm looking at seeing if I can liquidate some stock to fund some new builds. But it needs to fetch enough money to make it worthwhile for me.

I think I need to raise at least £1500 to fund the new module builds.

Will add photos later, once I get back to my PC.

This projector embodies some of the fine products from various forum members over the last 5 years or so, plus module from Kvant and the ScannerMax C506 scanners.

The case is one of 10 that Simon P1tbull and another forum member designed and had made, and was used by Mark Insanity and Paul in Scotland. Really solid, and totally tough paintwork.

ScannerMax 506's running the 5mm aperture mirrors and modded DT40 amps. This set are one of the 2 sets featured in Bills first ever videos of mine and Steve Mixedgas' amp mods - see the picture in the 506 amp mod document... that's these amps. All built and modded by Bill personally. I'd keep hold of these but I tend to build in pairs these days so one set is just surplus really.

Kvant 1W 637nm single mode red. 6 stacked beams like ::: Bought just after they were released, and I paid a scary £1900 to Synchrovision for it.

Laserwave 1W 532nm

Dave (Lasershowparts) dual module kit with pair of A140 diodes from the first ever group buy that Briggs did. Module later modified to use a PBS cube and waveplate rather than the knife-edge arrangement.

Laserwave dichros on brass flexmounts.

DZ laser mk3 breakout board

Scanfail/interlock/safety board from Guido (mylaserpage.de) including a custom daughter board by me to drive the estop on any daisy chained projector (over ILDA interlock pins)

Given the prices and quality of some of the Chinese stuff these days, it may be that its not worth what I think I'd like for it, but you never know. When I built this it was my flagship projector, and still contains some of my highest quality parts in any of my kit.

Maybe drop me a PM to discuss further...

P.S. I should note that the power is probably what is coming out of the scanner aperture at least. The green was over 1W last time i checked, as was the red, and the blue was in excess of 2W when i did the cube conversion last year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1983.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	47030 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1907.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	47023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1889.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	47024 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1888.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	47025
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000648.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	47026 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000646.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	47027 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000643.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	47028 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000649.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	47029

I should point out those are all the pics I had to hand so some show the DT scanners previously fitted and you can clearly see the blue in the old knife edge configure before I changed it. I'll try and get it out and take some pics as it is today.
    Last edited by norty303; 05-07-2015 at 15:04.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I know... I know... You're all just itching and waiting to see.....

I think you might already have a projector in one of these cases Brad - it'd make a matching set...
    Frikkin Lasers

Gee... trying to be helpful are we?

Honestly, I don't think this is on my radar however, you can feel free to PM me what you're thinking perhaps you are after on it. I don't know with exchange rate and shipping, where that would end up putting us. And I fully appreciate the feeling of not being sure if you want to sell it unless the price is right so... it may stay on that side of the pond.

I did think about breaking it for parts but I mean, who would want some 506's ready to go with amps... ???
    Frikkin Lasers

Oh... I don't know. Maybe somebody contemplating a small single mode build for home bedroom use?

Hi Norty,

I am interested by the scanners.

Question : did you purchased the scanners incl. mirrors with "wrong" coating ? When I bought some sets 6 months ago, I had to wait a lot because the only mirrors available at this time were coated with a 90% reflective efficiency in 450-700nm range (not good for our use).

Mike

--- www.neodym.be ---

These scanners are 2 of an initial prototype run of 20, with hand made position sensors I believe. The mirror set was one of 3 sets Bill had made from a new manufacturer. I think I may have the other 2 sets in other projectors so it's unlikely they're the same
    Frikkin Lasers

who are you brad? what do you do with all this stuff?

I've built a mountain of laser junk with a little cave inside that I can go into and hide when my staff come looking for me with a problem.