Thread: Value of a Neos PCAOM and driver?

Default Value of a Neos PCAOM and driver?

I bought a number of ion lasers which I'm going to return to the seller as they're all damaged with snapped plasma tubes. One of the heads, however, is fitted with a Neos PCAOM and 4 channel driver (48062-2-.55 and 64040-75-.1-4CH-5M); I'm wondering what this is worth as it might be worth me hanging on to that head just for the PCAOM; I have another, working, head I can swap out if I do keep it, so it will be used.

I sold a 4-channel NEOS PCAOM (complete with bragg mount, crystal, and driver) for $450 at SELEM almost 5 years ago. Granted, that was a good deal, but even so I would imagine prices would have dropped quite a bit since then.

Adam

The last couple i sold about 4 of years ago got £80 each, no one seemed to want them as they were only really interesting for old gas folk, like me It all depends how long you want to hold onto them for. In reality I would think they would be worth £100 -£150 to someone who has a use for one, really makes me cry because I remember how much they were new.

Cheers

Steve

Sounds like the head and PCAOM are going back to him as well then!
    Cheers,

Martin

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    Sounds like the head and PCAOM are going back to him as well then!
    Cheers,

Martin
    PULL the white light, ryb, and krypton optics if present. Offer him a few Pounds for them.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Martin,

Mixedgas is right and I would maybe say that you will give him £20 for all the optics as they have no value anyway to him. You might then get the Neos and I am sure someone would give you £50 for it. Just a thought. But what a shame about the laser, I too saw he had a few, but have enough gas lying around waiting to be used, but it did look tempting. Can you not see if you can swap it with one of the others he still has listed and maybe arrange for someone to go and pick it up or go down there yourself? It just seems a waste if he constantly turning these into scrap.

Cheers

Steve

I would actually have a use for the Neos, but not at the value the seller thinks the smashed head that it's with is worth. I did make him an offer, pretty much along the lines of Steve (LaserHobbit) suggested, but he's adamant they're worth much more. Plan is to let him put them up for auction and make sure he's listing them as having snapped plasma tubes, then buy them at what they're actually worth; on that point, if a seller is listing something you know is damaged but they don't state that, is there any way to inform ebay? I know you can no longer contact bidders, ever since ebay started hiding bidders IDs. I will list the serial numbers of the heads with smashed tubes on here so that, hopefully, no one on here gets burned.