Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble seeing LSX-included shows

Default Having trouble seeing LSX-included shows

I've just set up LSX with an Ether Dream DAC and Kvant projector. In LSX, I can make my own stuff and see it in glorious coherent light, but when I try to play any of the included-with-LSX shows, I see no laser output.

I do see the included shows play in the preview display, and as far as I can tell, have set up all worlds and settings and palettes the same way as the home-grown bits I have done myself, but still no laser output. Yes, I've enabled the laser output button. I believe that the shutter is open on the projector (I can hear that open...). Interestingly, with one of the included shows loaded, I can't even get the test frames to display.

Since I'm new to LSX, I'm sure that it's something stupid and simple that I've simply missed. I surely can't be the first person to have this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd really like to see and dissect the included shows. They have a lot to teach me!

Ron

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hi,

This is caused by the copyright protection. There is a little padlock icon which indicates if a show is protected (and all stock shows are protected) and I bet there's no output with all protected shows. However you should see output even if the show is protected. DrLava uses custom dac drivers where the protection is handled (guess it decrypts the show or something?). I had a similar problem when I started with LSX, it was because I replaced the easylase.dll with one from the jmlaser website thinking using the newest driver was a good idea.
    You'll have to check with drlava to see where the problem lies. Are you sure you are using the default etherdream driver with the correct firmware?

Good luck!

Colouredmirrorball,

Thanks for that insight. I'll contact him for the password to unlock the material. I completely missed the lock icon. Understandable, given the number of options in the program. If I may quote the Spiderman movie, "With great power, comes great responsibility."

And thanks for your fantastic video tutorials. Hope there will be more in the future.

Ron

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ron -

you don't need the material unlocked (i doubt this could ever happen). you just need the right dll's or the proper firmware on the etherdream to play the protected shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Colouredmirrorball,

Thanks for that insight. I'll contact him for the password to unlock the material. I completely missed the lock icon. Understandable, given the number of options in the program. If I may quote the Spiderman movie, "With great power, comes great responsibility."

And thanks for your fantastic video tutorials. Hope there will be more in the future.

Ron
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Using the built-in drivers won't play them? I just did a straightforward install of LSX from the DVD. I don't think I installed the driver from Ether Dream. Seems that the drivers supplied with LSX should be able to play the shows supplied by LSX. Of course, I could be mistaken (typically the case...)

And thank YOU for your video tutorials too!

Ron

LSX should come with the proper etherdream driver. by installing the one from the etherdream webpage, you've removed the ability to play encrypted shows.

Using the built-in drivers won't play them? I just did a straightforward install of LSX from the DVD. I don't think I installed the driver from Ether Dream. Seems that the drivers supplied with LSX should be able to play the shows supplied by LSX. Of course, I could be mistaken (typically the case...)

And thank YOU for your video tutorials too!

Ron
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ron said he'd installed the drivers on the LSX DVD, NOT from the Etherdream page
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

swami & norty,

Initially I only installed the driver supplied with LSX. Last night I installed the driver from Ether Dream (renaming the LSX supplied driver to preserve it), and it worked for non-LSX material, but not for the LSX shows. The Ether Dream driver seems to have a later date on it than the one supplied with LSX, but neither worked do display included shows. I hear the shutter open on the projector, but no light.

Ron

swami & norty,

Initially I only installed the driver supplied with LSX. Last night I installed the driver from Ether Dream (renaming the LSX supplied driver to preserve it), and it worked for non-LSX material, but not for the LSX shows. The Ether Dream driver seems to have a later date on it than the one supplied with LSX, but neither worked do display included shows. I hear the shutter open on the projector, but no light.

Ron
    ok. no problem. let's try a couple things.

download the etherdream sitter application from here: http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html

run it and tell me what firmware level the etherdream is running on. if it's not 0.5.0, flash the firmware

swami,

Ran Sitter. Hardware and software both version 2. Firmware v0.5.5.

Ron

PS I'll be off-line until tonight. Gotta go to work.