Thread: Freelance Laser Operator: Who do I contact?

Default Freelance Laser Operator: Who do I contact?

So things have been slow recently and I'm looking for more operator / design work. I've tried every company that I can think of and I was wondering if anyone here needed help with a gig or could offer a suggestion
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Suggestion #1 Never ever say - things have been slow for you. That's not the way to sell yourself! Modesty makes no millionaires.

Things are going great because you are great, and you want them to go even better, and that is why people should hire you !

There are enough 20 year olds and laser people in this industry that are egotistical.
    -

There are enough 20 year olds and laser people in this industry that are egotistical.
    No, He's right, so start again. Things have never been busier... but if anyone has something I could do, anything at all, just call.
    Or
    I'm board. Noth'n happen'n, but that's my choice, OK. Anyway I've changed my mind.

So, what were the responses to your inquires? Is everyone slow or is your skill set not in demand? Are you talking driving distance or worldwide?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Very glad to know you're cognizant of that fact and are smart enough to avoid being one. However, they're both right. Keep yourself sounding busy even if you're not as much as you'd like to be. I constantly make the banquet facility I manage sound in very high demand. Granted we actually are but, I'd always like to go after the more affluent bride and larger events. I don't ever lie but, I have subtle ways I'll make them feel very lucky they managed to get booked with us. Then, the key is to deliver above their expectations. That's actually the easy part. (But, I'm blessed with an incredible staff that routinely go above and beyond what's expected.)

We hardly advertise and do almost everything by word of mouth since that's the best form of advertising. I see the parallels with what you're trying to do. It's all in how you sell it.

One thing i do my self is say i am self employed rather then i have no job, lol, and always looking to learn more. I some times come across the egotistical people and the most frustrating things is you can never teach them anything new, in our lines of work things are always changing and you can't fill a cup which is already full, Staying relevant is always the challenge but a fun one, most times
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Mr. Garcia, try this:

Lasers, laser visual effects and choreography are my love and passion. There is no greater thrill for me than to caress an audience into a visual orgasm in compliment to music. I'm primed and ready for new challenges in using the magic of laser to entertain an audience. Please contact me if you have an audience challenge coming in the future. Pho-tons of fun, I'm your man.

Okay, I couldn't resist that last line. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Thank you everyone for the advice! To be completely honest I actually have been busy but anytime things aren't 100% balls to the wall packed I feel "slow".

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post

So, what were the responses to your inquires? Is everyone slow or is your skill set not in demand? Are you talking driving distance or worldwide?
    People in my network want me to work with them but do not have the gigs to put me on. And worldwide!
    -

Gotta gig in wanganui coming up. If you can make it there its yours.