Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

I am altogether pleased with the larger mirror scanners and the red boards. At 30K the ILDA pattern the center circle does not quite touch the box when scanned at 8 degrees but all the QS graphics and shows look fine. The total power consumption with the ILDA pattern running 30K for this projector is about 36 watts. Diodes used 1W 520, 2X 638nm 170mw & 2W blue. There are the usual optical losses and I have not yet tested the power levels out of the window.

I hope that anyone with scanner problems finds a happy resolution, I was lucky to have a set of the red boards around. Thanks again.

Brian

What is the footprint of the scanners and dimensions of the driver board.

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post

Thanks
    Hi Polishedball,

Detailed engineering drawings for the scanners can be downloaded from the ScannerMAX website. There are also 3D CAD files available, if you do not have a CAD suite, you can download eDrawings from Solidworks for free and view the scanners in 3D.

I do not have the dimensions of the driver board, but if nobody replies by tomorrow I will measure my X-Laser driver when I get to the office and post the approximate dimensions here.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post

Thanks
    Here's a file with the dimensions for the driver, I have solidworks and step files available also if preferred. As Ryan said, you can get the information on the scanners on the scannermax website or send me a message and I'll email you the full package. If you do order, please specify if you'd like the 3mm aperture mirrors at 30k at 8 degrees or the 4mm aperture mirrors at 30k at 5 degrees.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbbbhxklhk...NICAL.PDF?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    WARNING- these scanheads are not capable of performing as advertised with the originally advertised mirror size. Lots of drama around this group buy. That being said, X laser has apparently swapped out the scanner mirrors for a smaller mirror size capable of performing the advertised speed and angle, but only for some of their unhappy customers, not all. Be careful buying from these con artists. They just want your money.
    I'm going to say just one thing here to reiterate what has already been said previously in case it was missed.

The error was entirely mine, there was a miscommunication between myself and our production staff when I posted the information and as a result I posted incorrect specifications. It was a stupid mistake, but it was still a mistake and nothing malicious. Whoever has wanted to return their sets for a full refund including shipping has been able to do so, whoever wanted 3mm aperture sets we have set out an advanced replacement set (or in the case of one customer will deliver to SELEM) also with no shipping costs or anything to the customer.

Nothing malicious, not a con artist, just a guy who made a stupid mistake and is doing whatever is needed to correct it. Anyone of the many people who have come to SELEM and met me knows that I'm not looking to rip anyone off. I hope you'll come to SELEM and we can discuss it further in person or next time I'm in Phoenix I'd be happy to grab a beer and talk about it.

Have a great day

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    than please get on the phone with SpitzSTP ( Brent Sullivan ) and MAKE THIS RIGHT. We were all shocked and horrified that despite everything that was said here, that nobody swapped out his mirrors, or attempted to explain how the fuse on his board blew ( if that was indeed the only problem), and nobody bothered to included any documentation to him to verify if his board was one of the ones that we cannot trust the labeling for the + and - connections or not. Come on, nobody even threw in a single piece of paper to let him what repair was done ( still assuming it was just the fuse) or WHY the repair was needed. If we hook the + lead to where there board says the + lead goes, and so on, and we get the same problem again, what then?

He is so disheartened and crushed over this mess he literally almost threw the entire box in my trash can out front. After everything that was said on this thread, and the mirror swapout you did for Swami, it never occurred to us that you wouldn't automatically do whatever it takes to return Brent's system as capable of doing specs (like you did for Swami).

FIX THIS, and some of my " misplaced venom' as Dan so nicely put it will go away, but as of right now, It's not misplaced at all, and is in fact still being proven and justified-- I've now got 4 things not 3 to vent about next time somebody ask me what I know about X laser.

he is completely crushed and insulted at what has been a horrible process for him just trying to get a scanhead for his projecctor build that Swami and I are assisting in. Anybody wonder why his ever popular star machine thread hasnt been kept updated? It's because this projector build process is sucking the soul out of him with one setback after another, usually involving him being ripped off, something not as advertised, wrong part shipped, etc.

please make this right. I'm the poor bastard that recommended he get these and I've completely fucking regretted it so far. Personally I hope you guys put more effort into safety and compliance issues than you are for customer service......
    Karl,

Did you guys ever try calling X-laser and talking to Adam? Call them up and I am sure they will get you taken care of.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Karl,

I'll echo what Jonathan said above. While I appreciate you've had a couple of bad experiences that have lead you to your feeling regarding X-Laser, the vast majority of people have not. Including a lot of well respected people in the industry. There are a number of us who also have the good fortune to know Dan, Adam and company personally and many have also toured their facility. Are they and, have they always been perfect? What company or individual has? Do you consider yourself to be? Perhaps you might.

They didn't need to do this for the money and, are certainly not con artists. Sadly, you've not made the opportunity to come to say, SELEM and learn this for yourself. I think it's quite fair to say that getting Brett taken care of shouldn't prove to be an issue should a call or other communication be made. I'm certain they will help get this right for him.
    PM Sent...

If I had a nickle for every non-malicious error I've ever made . . .

Even though the driver in this case doesn't perform as well as other drivers, this combination with the 506's still has some unique advantages over others. With 3mm mirrors you still get 30k pps at 8 degree performance for about $100 more than a set of DT-30s (and I'll bet that Pangolin would say that this combo performs better than DT-30s).

Furthermore, the total footprint as compared with a set of DT-30s is greatly reduced not only by the smaller amps and smaller galvos, but also by the PSU requirement for 12V+ only. I intend to use my set to build as small of a ~1W all-diode single-mode build as I can make. I think it'll be a fun build!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"