Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Hey guys, Phriztler is selling NEW, complete (minus PSU) sets with KVANT drivers over here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...nsets-for-sale

Normally I would never threadjack like this but this seems very shady! To tell a customer that the factory tuning is off and then proceed to tell THEM to SEEK out tuning guides is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I don't buy "everything" that comes along.
    Yeah guys, give him a break. 99.99% is not everything sheesh.... these guys, amirite, Brad???
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I also caught something in this thread that disturbs me a little. It was stated somewhere here that they would be sent with instructions and tuning guide and yet Swami claims to have received neither.
    correct.

"laser cut kapton film with thermal transfer coating (araugh #9) " not included

"They do indeed come with tuning instructions as well as being pretuned (araugh #29)" no documentation included. downloaded documentation has pots labeled, but not actual tuning documentation. amp appears to be not properly tuned.

"The K spec is rather nebulous, but we would fairly peg it at a solid 30k @ 8, and we continue to see really good linearity even a ways above that. " (x-laser #16)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah... I was just going back to find post 29 and your post 56 and got side tracked by a delivery.
    PM Sent...

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:51.

Wow. I've had two sets of these in my shopping cart on X-Laser.com for about a week, but procrastinating on hitting that PayPal button because I wasn't quite sure I was ready to spend nearly $1000 yet... I'm so glad I found this thread first. Gonna empty that shopping cart now.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hey guys. i made my posts not to bash x-laser or pangolin. i just wanted to report and verify my observations. i'm absolutely confident that this will get worked out and i'm not concerned about getting the support or resolution i need.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm fully confident you will as well. It's practically just a "family matter".
    PM Sent...

I have a set of 6210's for Spits's Build… Hit me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    I cannot find any reference to the above quoted text in any of the original posts in this thread by X laser. misrepresentation of a product is not acceptable in this day and age, and I feel like crap for recommending these to SpitzSTP who already had waited months for Cambridge's that never shipped from another vendor. Your scanners, as admitted by yourself and as proven by Swamidog's , laserbikers,and Bill's posts over the weekend, are NOT as advertised by not being able to meet the scanspeed and angles stated in your sale post, and will not be capable of the required performance in the system that Swami and I are building out for/with Spitz. He ( Spitz )already has to return the set because they did not work right out of the box, please offer him a full refund with little to zero drama. Finding out AFTER THE PURCHASE that they cannot function at the advertised angle and are a low power scanhead is simply not cool guys. not including the stupid connectors was bad enough, but I officially call bullshit at this point.

Um.... you are going to offer to retune Swami's and others scanheads that you shipped poorly tuned at no additional expense to your already unsatisfied customers, right?

Is everything with your group buy scanheads backwards? Just like your vague statement that some boards may have the 12 volt + and - labeling backwards but no indication if the board we had issues with was that version or not.

PS- I'm glad I didnt buy a set, but embarrassed I advised SpitzSTP to buy these. I'm two for two on bad vendor referals now. Can anybody point me to best place to purchase a wired, tested, ( new) ready to go CT 6210 scanhead to put in Spitz's RGB build? I'm done playing games with his projector.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I have a set of 6210's...
    @ Karl, Fwiw, I've gotten a couple pairs of Rick's used 6210s before, and they were ..fwiw

re: the 506 situ.. Keen to see these released with OEM Amps, so peeps can indeed, realize their full (stated) potential, and not have to be 'kludgeware', as-now.. Kudos to X-Lasers' efforts to help out, but.. Just seems like a bad idea to try and 'take the cookies out of the oven before they're fully baked', ya know? Prolly a good way to end up w/ a tummy ache..

Posting to track any Pangonouncements posted here on the OEM-Amps release..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

What Jon said. Tho I still want to buy a set with the 12V drivers for a small projector I'm building into a lunchbox.

I'll wait for the more bodacious drivers for my big rigs (the beer keg and the vacuum cleaner builds).

But that's just me...

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers