Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I recently bought a set with the mach amp and love the set-up so far. Its the single power supply i'm interested in. It would work great for a little project i'm working on.
    Yeah, I totally agree. The C-506 with MachDSP amp is really awesome. Its not a Saturn speed-wise, but man can those things scan 30-40Kpps wide. Your mileage may vary, but in my testing I was getting good test patterns in the range of 30Kpps at 48 degrees(!) optical deflection and 40K at 26 degrees optical deflection! Compare that to the 8 degrees standard for scanner performance. Furthermore, the Mach amp occupies half the footprint or less as compared with other amps that you'd find paired as 30-40Kpps sets. I find these are great for when you need quality graphics across a really wide space and/or with a short throw. Details in this video:

I think I have around 6 sets of the C-506 with +12V amp currently and although they aren't high performers, they are more than adequate for beams and even lite graphics work. I believe their strength is/was allowing you to make uber-compact projectors that can run off of a as single +12V PSU or Lion battery. Details in this thread.

Hopefully these will become available again in the future.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

nice job. was the separation on the 30k test at the bottom of the image the image hitting an edge or something? Seems the image separated an the bottom equal on both sides so I assume its the screen your projecting on. Just asking so others who see it dont think that's the scanners. Damn impressive! Also it should be noted that the test pattern isn't made to run at the higher speed or angles so the fact the central circle falls apart isn't really that indicative of performance and likely the scanners would look totally fine at 40 k even at the higher scan angle. If you run actual show material you might not see much more than a few rounded corners.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

at 45 degrees, they look better than chinese galvos do at 8.

pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree. The C-506 with MachDSP amp is really awesome. Its not a Saturn speed-wise, but man can those things scan 30-
    40Kpps wide. Your mileage may vary, but in my testing I was getting good test patterns in the range of 30Kpps at 48 degrees(!) optical deflection and 40K at 26 degrees optical deflection! Compare that to the 8 degrees standard for scanner performance. Furthermore, the Mach amp occupies half the footprint or less as compared with other amps that you'd find paired as 30-40Kpps sets. I find these are great for when you need quality graphics across a really wide space and/or with a short throw. Details in this video:

I think I have around 6 sets of the C-506 with +12V amp currently and although they aren't high performers, they are more than adequate for beams and even lite graphics work. I believe their strength is/was allowing you to make uber-compact projectors that can run off of a as single +12V PSU or Lion battery. Details in this thread.

Hopefully these will become available again in the future.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    was the separation on the 30k test at the bottom of the image the image hitting an edge or something? Seems the image separated an the bottom equal on both sides so I assume its the screen your projecting on. Just asking so others who see it dont think that's the scanners.
    Yes, I was projecting onto my drop screen because that wall has glow in the dark paint on it and the blue would have left an after-image. I didn't expect the pattern to get that large that it exceeded the size of the screen. In addition, the projector was oriented so that it was projecting slightly up.

I agree with you that the patterns even at the max size I displayed indicated that 30K/40K optimized content would still do quite well.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Pangolin offers the C506 with Mach DSP directly starting at $995(small mirrors) and $1095(large mirrors). Available for sale to the masses.

If you need something custom, please feel free to reach out. I understand some might want the 12v driver where size is more important than performance, and we can potentially accommodate... just need to let us know what you are trying to accomplish.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Default Now that things have settled down

Hi everyone, I've got a set of ScannerMax 506s I ordered from Pangolin back in 2015 before Pangolin's amplifier was available. Since then I had a no-so-good experience purchasing amplifiers from a member here, in the end he sent me four small amps after the original pair of amps he sent didn't work.

Can anyone recommend an amplifier that would work with these scanners? I don't really want to bother Pangolin since I already pushed to purcahse this scanner before their amplifier was available... Back then Pangolin recommended X-laser but I don't see anything on their web site any longer.

Thanks for reading. Starting to get back into this again....

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Hi everyone, I've got a set of ScannerMax 506s I ordered from Pangolin back in 2015 before Pangolin's amplifier was available. Since then I had a no-so-good experience purchasing amplifiers from a member here, in the end he sent me four small amps after the original pair of amps he sent didn't work.

Can anyone recommend an amplifier that would work with these scanners? I don't really want to bother Pangolin since I already pushed to purcahse this scanner before their amplifier was available... Back then Pangolin recommended X-laser but I don't see anything on their web site any longer.

Thanks for reading. Starting to get back into this again....

-Jason
    Send me a picture of your galvos and I'll see what I have laying around. I have some old Xlaser amps from a project that went nowhere
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Send me a picture of your galvos and I'll see what I have laying around. I have some old Xlaser amps from a project that went nowhere
    Thank you so much, e-mail sent. Every interaction with Pangolin has been a positive experience!