Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aixis laser TTL plug

Default Aixis laser TTL plug

I've been moving all of my equipment around as I am moving, including my laser projector, and I seem to have lost the TTL signal plug from my Aixiz 1-watt powersupply. Does anyone have the pinout of this? There's 4 pins, and I imagine 2 are shorted so the laser knows that there's a connection there, while the other two are GND-5v TTL, but I don't know which, and would rather ask before prodding around. Any help would be appreciated! If you don't know, but you own the TTL plug (with purple and black wire and 4 female pins on the actual plug) can you do a continuity test to see if any plugs are tied together?
    Last edited by BoomDog; 05-03-2007 at 13:21.

Fascinating forum bug report you've got there....

Re that plug, it sounds exactly like what LambdaPro use on newer UGA's, even down to the wire colours. I sold mine to Jem, so I can't tell you the pinout exactly, but purple is TTL +5V, black is ground, one pin is not connected, and the last is connected to either of the other wires, I forget which. Probably the purple one.

Don't trust this info! Just take it as interesting if it matches any better info you can get.

Yup, you're right about that, only three wires connected. I just opened up the casing and noticed that (if looking at it from the outside) clockwise starting at top-right, wires are pink, red, black, (empty). My guess is that the red would be 5v, black is ground, and pink is feedback to check for connection, which my guess would go to ground.

Of course this is all just speculation. Can anyone confirm?

In LambdaPro UGA's the third line sets some kind of bias for the analog mod. Not sure what role it would have had in the TTL mod option as I bought the analog mod option. I tried reverse engineering it, but as they grind off the IC numbers I gave up, it was easier and safer to leave well alone because the bias voltage scheme is confusing, definitely non-standard. This is why the similarities between that Aixiz and a LambdaPro UGA are so interesting.
    Take care with that assumption of wire colours! I think it might be misleading. I have a vague (and possibly wrong) memory of the purple wire going to the pink one in the case, and the third line connecting the red to the pink, but pink being the actual mod signal carrier. This could be WRONG (might have been white, not pink, in LambdaPro UGA), so again, it's only useful if other info backs it up. I was right once, but I don't think I am this time, I'm just saying all I can think of. Jem could tell you, maybe. My older UGA doesn't use that newer connection, just a small 3.5mm mono jack, so that's no help here.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 05-03-2007 at 15:01.

Hmm, thx Doc. I suppose I'll wait before tinkering then.

I know that someone has to have a powersupply from Aixiz with 4 pins as a TTL modulation hookup... please help? It's the only thing keeping me from sealing everything up. All I need is a continuity test, from which wires go to the purple, as well as which pin is shorted to the other.

Did you ask Aixiz? They are slow to respond to email but they always eventually return mine. Usually after a couple days.

Aixiz and I are not on the best of terms, mostly because they sent me 3 defective units (of the same unit) after RMAing it twice, and I fruitlessly asked for either a total refund & return or at least discount the price for all my trouble and I would keep the still out-of-spec model (at that point they just ignored me). They are one of the companies I spoke of vaguely about in your other thread. Nevertheless, I've tried explaining the plug to them before because they didn't ship it the 1st RMA around, and the woman on the phone had no idea even what a signal plug, TTL plug, 4-pin "singnal" input as it's printed on the PSU, or however many ways I described it was, so I wouldn't be interested in talking anonymously. And although Dr. Maricle is fine to talk with over the phone, as you said it can take many days (in my case, 3 call backs and a week passing by) before getting ahold of him.

email lambda pro.

Long is usually pretty helpful.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Can I get a little more info about where to email? I'm having trouble finding an Lambda Pro email. Also, just to try, I did just email Aixiz, though any help is still appreciated as I'm not sure if I'll hear back from them or not.

Regarding the placement of this thread, sorry, I was in such a hurry to post I didn't see that this was a forum-bug-report only thread. Oops. If a moderator wishes to move it to Lasershow, lasers, or wherever else, I understand. Now I finally get your first remark, doc =P It's amazing I wake up every morning with my head still attached.

Try mailong at lambdapro.com, which is an email adress you'll be able to descramble. I wrote it this way so nasty bits of wandering code don't reap it and spam him. It's a while since I wrote to him, so I don't know if it still works, but it probably does. I'm still confused as to whether he is called Mai Long, or Long Mai. Depends on what naming convention to use...