Thread: Introductory post from Vector game enthusiast (Indianapolis)

Default Introductory post from Vector game enthusiast (Indianapolis)

I've just discovered a few of this community's laser mame displays. And I'm pretty blown away.

Although actual LASERs are probably a long way off for me–I only comprehend a small fraction of these discussions–I can't help but notice this community has made more progress with actual vector output than the (much-larger, but less technically-proficient) arcade community.

Cutting to the chase, since there is no MAME support for xy output to actual vector monitors, I'm thinking your mame laser projects are a better starting point for getting xy output to a vector monitor.

Anyway, I hope to learn a little more and eventually try out this crazy idea. Thanks for listening, Matthew

I was thinking about this recently while trying to get LaserMAME back up and running (it's been many years since I tinkered with it). The old vector games used a true XY CRT and the MAME versions of these old games outputs to a raster scan computer monitor. I haven't heard of anyone using LaserMAME to drive a XY vector monitor. Cool idea. Let us know how it works if you try it.

Thanks! I will let you know.

At the very least I'll pick up the recommended C-media USB converter and inject its AC outputs to a WG6100's deflection amps and see if anything appears on the screen. I figure if I'm lucky it'll just be a matter of correcting the signal a bit. But I figured I'd post here first in case I'm way out-of-whack.