Thread: sending binary frames to a DLP projector?

Default sending binary frames to a DLP projector?

I thought this question deserved a thread of its own.

How can you modify or make a single chip DLP projector recieve and display binary frames?
    I know that technically they are binary frames but shown in such a way that with a added color wheel it seems colored 24 bit instead.

If I could tell the projector to treat a 24 bit frame as 24 binary frames instead and take off the color wheel, I could achieve a 24 * 60 Hz/ 120 Hz refresh rate binary projection which is what I need for my project.

I've read somewhere on the internet of using an FPGA to convert the 24 bit frame data sent via HDMI to binary frames but that's all the info there is...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Have you considered talking to TI's support contactor? I bought a couple of TI based demo boards from a defunct flight simulator project a few years ago. I was after the arc lamps, not the DLP, but I did briefly toy with the DLPs. They had a custom FPGA on them which prevented me from using them, and I have since scrapped them and the coupling prisms. However TI's DLP support is handled by a contactor who is pretty good at what they do and was quite friendly.. Perhaps you should be emailing TI who will put you in touch with them, them rather then ask in a forum where no one has done this.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Do you mean TI sold you used products?
    I will try emailing their support if so. I've posted in their forums but they are not very helpful.

I inquired at TI about their development kits a couple of years ago. I posted on their forum and about a week later one of their engineers contacted me; slow, but they did contact me. The deal killer for me was none of their control systems would allow anything other than +/- 12 degrees and zero. Only three states for the mirrors.

You might PM Peter Jan. There was a company that demonstrated a multiple mirror scanner at P. West in 2014 and possibly again in 2015. Like a low count DLP, but with progressive scanning, they were demonstrating laser graphics and Peter linked to their site sometime after the show. I can't remember the name of the company of if they provided components vs turnkey products.