Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The EK-DZ Advanced Laser Router!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Just 4 more to go!!
    OK Brad -
    You know you need more than 6 routed laser projector ports ...

Yeah.... I know.... Might was well be in debt beyond my eyeballs.
    PM Sent...

How about an update? Have we reached the magic number of pre-orders yet?

Any chance of the pre-order units being completed prior to SELEM?

Adam

I haven't committed to the second one yet but, if we're just one shy, I'm "in" so we can get the ball rolling. I'll sell a kidney or something.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I haven't committed to the second one yet but, if we're just one shy, I'm "in" so we can get the ball rolling. I'll sell a kidney or something.
    Dude, your commitment to the cause is outstanding!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    How about an update? Have we reached the magic number of pre-orders yet?

Any chance of the pre-order units being completed prior to SELEM?

Adam
    Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, it's been a crazy week at work. We have not hit the needed number of units to make this happen at the price we initially set. At this point, even if we did hit 10 units today, I doubt there'd be enough time to make delivery of them by SELEM. I still suspect we will hit 10 units by the end of the month, if not I'll offer a full refund to anyone who wants one or we can extend this until SELEM. In the mean time, I've been working on a manual which I hope to have posted in the next day or two. I've also put together a video showing the features of using the Router with Beyond and various controlling devices. I appreciate your patience, guys. We are looking forward to getting this done. Either way, there will be the alpha and the new version of the beta unit at SELEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4c2hRSh7mU

You're edging buffo towards apoplexy. Ok so.... I don't know how far off the mark we are but, if I get another... does that get us closer to having "any" of them done by SELEM? The second could be shipped at a later date.

I'm grasping here....
    PM Sent...

If the initial group buy isn't going to be enough to make the introductory price, I would rather know well ahead of SELEM...
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-20-2015 at 14:29.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Lightbulb

I spoke with David (DZ) last night. Here's the bad news:

Despite all the talk by people who said they were interested in buying one of these, thus far there have been exactly FOUR pre-orders: Brad Billet, Adam Burns, David Kumpula, and Randy Rivers.

No one else has sent their money in.

DZ said that at this point there is no way he can have these done in time for SELEM. Even if someone paid for another 6 today, by the time the circuit boards came back from the manufacturer there wouldn't be enough time left to assemble everything.

So instead, DZ and Ed will once again demonstrate the router at SELEM. Hopefully this will generate enough interest to get another 6 people to pre-order. At that point they will get the parts ordered and the first 10 units assembled.

If there isn't enough interest beyond that, then DZ admitted that the first 10 might be the last 10. There's no point in trying to ramp up production if no one is willing to buy one.

This really sucks, as I had big plans for these routers at SELEM and now I'm going to have to radically alter my setup plans - especially for Club-SELEM. It also means that there probably won't be a router demo station in the gallery as originally planned. If you want to play with one of these routers, you're going to need to do it in the cafeteria or the auditorium, and it's going to have to be in-between shows and other scheduled events.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but please remember that DZ and Ed have no control over this. The parts for these things are EXPENSIVE. There's no way they can afford to go out of pocket on this in the hopes that the units will eventually sell. (The parts alone for 10 of these things will cost well over 5 figures.)

Adam

I think what may need to be done is some ramped up marketing efforts. There is absolutely no reason these things shouldn't be "flying off the shelves" once they are really known about. Especially with the pros. Hell, Briggs alone ought to be getting several of them.

I didn't think I'd really be able to use one and lamented that the basic splitter was no longer being sold but, the more I have seen, the more I realize this is a game changing product. And, I've also begun envisioning all of the things that are going to be possible to do with it. It's honestly going to be ILDA technological award worthy.

I'm thinking more effort may need to be done on the Laserist page and other laser related pages on Facebook since that's where a lot of the potential buyers that need this are lurking. I also think I'm definitely getting a second one because, in the event this falls flat and ends up being the only run, I'll own 20% of them and they'll be worth far more than this initial purchase price.

Edit: I'm happy to help with this however.... I know what was advertised in terms of price was for PL members for a limited time and after that, I know it goes up substantially so, we'd (you'd) need to figure out what to post if we're going to push it more on FB and other places.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 07-22-2015 at 07:34.
    PM Sent...

I agree, get these out on the various FB pages/groups. stuff that languishes on the For Sale section here flies when posted there.
    I'm sorry I can't come in on this after my initial interest but the motorbike got in first I'm afraid.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.