Thread: Laser Goggles, Spark gap, HV Caps on Ebay

Cool Laser Goggles, Spark gap, HV Caps on Ebay

For anyone looking for laser safety glasses, goggles or if you're into high voltage experimenting ( Tesla coils, coin crushers , etc... ) and need HV capacitors, spark gap see my auctions at
    " http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlaserloverQQhtZ-1 "

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Question Laser protection Google for 532nm Dpss between 1 and 10 watts

Hello,
    Have you got some ?
    What price (+ shipping to France) ?
    Thanks,
    André

Cool Laser safety Goggles ?

Hi Andre,

You say you want laser safety googles to work on 532 nM DPSS lasers from 1 to 10 watts.
    I guess it all depends on what you will be doing first.
    If you're going to be doing some optics aligning then you want partial visibility of the laser beams so you can safely see what you're doing. In that case I would look for safety goggles with a minimum of Optical Density OD of 2 at 532 NM but also want protection at 1064 and 808 nM.
    If you want full protection which means you won't be able to see the beams then I would look for a minimum OD of 5 for each wavelength.
    OD of 1= Attenuation factor of 10
    OD of 2= " " 100
    OD of 3= " " 1,000
    OD of 4= " " 10,000
    OD of 5= " " 100,000
    OD of 6= " " 1,000,000 and so on
    You really want something that will protect you from stray reflection at a minimum. You should never intentionally stare directly into a laser beam with protective eyewear on and temp fate specially class 4 lasers that could burn your skin in an instant and possibly damage your glasses. Goggles are recomended If you already wear prescription glasses and they also offer splash protection If you work in a lab with dangerous liquids.

I have a pair of new goggles from Spectronica used for laser alignment of 532 DPSS lasers. They have triple coated glass lenses 532, 808 and 1064 nM protection. Send me private mail if interested, otherwise try your luck on Ebay.
    Rick
    Last edited by LaserLover; 04-24-2007 at 17:32.
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Hi Rick,
    Thanks for all theese info.
    It seems you have no contact info : so I can't send you private mail !
    Waiting to read you soon,
    André

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    Hi Andre,

You say you want laser safety googles to work on 532 nM DPSS lasers from 1 to 10 watts.
    I guess it all depends on what you will be doing first.
    If you're going to be doing some optics aligning then you want partial visibility of the laser beams so you can safely see what you're doing. In that case I would look for safety goggles with a minimum of Optical Density OD of 2 at 532 NM but also want protection at 1064 and 808 nM.
    If you want full protection which means you won't be able to see the beams then I would look for a minimum OD of 5 for each wavelength.
    OD of 1= Attenuation factor of 10
    OD of 2= " " 100
    OD of 3= " " 1,000
    OD of 4= " " 10,000
    OD of 5= " " 100,000
    OD of 6= " " 1,000,000 and so on
    You really want something that will protect you from stray reflection at a minimum. You should never intentionally stare directly into a laser beam with protective eyewear on and temp fate specially class 4 lasers that could burn your skin in an instant and possibly damage your glasses. Goggles are recomended If you already wear prescription glasses and they also offer splash protection If you work in a lab with dangerous liquids.

I have a pair of new goggles from Spectronica used for laser alignment of 532 DPSS lasers. They have triple coated glass lenses 532, 808 and 1064 nM protection. Send me private mail if interested, otherwise try your luck on Ebay.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    For anyone looking for laser safety glasses, goggles or if you're into high voltage experimenting ( Tesla coils, coin crushers , etc... ) and need HV capacitors, spark gap see my auctions at
    " http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlaserloverQQhtZ-1 "

Rick
    laser goggles
    look here:www.jiepu.com