View Poll Results: When should we do the next NWLEM?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 9th-11th

2 33.33%
  • September 16th-18th

2 33.33%
  • Well shoot...

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: NWLEM III - November 20th-22nd, 2015 - Portland, Oregon

aww I didnt look at the calndar yet but I was gonna vote 18-20th 18th is my bday!!!

I voted 16th-18th but either should work.

10fenny this time we should bring the hot shop and make some lumia (slump/fuse) and torture tubes.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

hells yea.. I got my gtt lynx with a digi AIM kiln side loader

Going with Sep 16th-18th, unless there is any objection. Figured I'd go with the later September date, to be that much further from the busy festival season.

I probably will not be able to make it then as I have to be in Nevada on the 22nd and I have to come back here before I leave for NV and it takes me a couple days to drive there, that's why I had voted for the 9th to the 11th.

This looks awesome! I'm new to the forum and glad to have seen this event with plenty of time to finish my project for show and tell. Will there be a schedule/itinerary as the event gets closer? I'd love to see some exhibitions from the local community. I've never attended a laser event before but have a lot of friends in the burning man and local Portland art community who may be interested in attending. Will there be single day options at a reduced cost? Does the event have an independent website? I realize that this is still in the planning stage, so I'm really only asking about intentions here.

Hey there,

I plan to put together an itinerary as we get closer to August/September. I don't have a website for NWLEM, and don't plan on making one. As for the fee, I think I'll be taking some inspiration from SELEM and doing two-tier pricing. Early bird will be $80 (until June 30th) and $100 will be the price until the last day. I've considered offering a single-day option, but it doesn't fit with the format of this event. Also, the venue costs in Portland are not exactly cheap.

As for the date, it's probably going to be September 9th, 10th, and 11th, at this point. Will announce that soon, once I confirm with the venue, which will be the same as last year.

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by daderaide View Post
    This looks awesome! I'm new to the forum and glad to have seen this event with plenty of time to finish my project for show and tell. Will there be a schedule/itinerary as the event gets closer? I'd love to see some exhibitions from the local community. I've never attended a laser event before but have a lot of friends in the burning man and local Portland art community who may be interested in attending. Will there be single day options at a reduced cost? Does the event have an independent website? I realize that this is still in the planning stage, so I'm really only asking about intentions here.

Wow thanks Jon, I will be there and try and get my two projectors finished before then > As for the date, it's probably going to be September 9th, 10th, and 11th, at this point.

Happy days are here again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    aww I didnt look at the calndar yet but I was gonna vote 18-20th 18th is my bday!!!
    Mine is the 18th also...but probably 40 years earlier
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.