Thread: Innova krypton laser optics and power requirements

Default Innova krypton laser optics and power requirements

I just bought an Innova 300 for a great price; it's an ex-DVD mastering suite laser, so is probably a krypton fill with UV optics. As UV isn't great for what I want a laser for, I would like to swap the optics out for red or red / green; anyone know what mirrors I need to look out for (RoC, diameter, part no)?
    I also need to power this thing; I have found a few PSUs on ebay, but they're all on the wrong side of the Atlantic for me, and shipping is several multiples of the cost of the PSU; anyone know of a source in the UK or mainland Europe for a sensibly priced PSU? I'm happy to adapt an alternative PSU for the job - does anyone have the figures for the tube voltage drop and current?

Well I got the beast home; it's an Innova 302C which is listed as violet or UV krypton. It seems to be in pretty good condition with the umbilical properly disconnected from the PSU and not hacked off. It has a line selector on the HR marked from 413nm to 647nm, but I gather that is only used with single line optics and isn't an indication of what lines the head can do. I have found some PSUs in the US, but there appear to be 2 different types of the 300 supply with different connectors for the head; does anyone know if these can be interchanged by adapting the umbilical connectors?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

YOUR pretty much screwed on that laser. 300s have a EEPROM in the head, and if the serial in the remote, and on the motherboard don't match.... Well it will start, run a self test without you being in control, just long enough to tease you, and shut down in about 10-20 minutes. Go find the matching PSU immediately.

Your best bet would be to find a Lexel 95 PSU fitted for European line voltages and one of Coherent's constant voltage Cathode transformers...

That still leaves building the magnet regulator, which LEXEL did not use. You really need three phase for that particular tube.

Once the plasma is lit and stable, we can talk about optics....

Or go find Mike....

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/biglaserfun.html

Have Mike talk to me before hooking that tube up...

You need 12.5 mm optics, I can come up with a radius and transmission for dual Brewster version, but if its the one sealed mirror one, your in trouble. . No sense in sourcing the optics till the plasma is lit and stable.

Some place I have a service Eprom for some of the PSUs, but that will not let you change serial numbers.

But you need to see if that is a sealed mirror OC, with a rear Brewster window, or Two Brewsters... They made both...

Usually, if you have one sealed mirror, your highly limited in what lines you can lase. Those lasers were highly tailored to the customer's end use.

Incomplete 3xx, depending on the software version in the PSUs, are pretty much paperweights...

Steve, Former operator/hacker of 6 ARGON UV 306s...
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-02-2015 at 05:25.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

According to the specs, it's a dual Brewster tube. Sadly the salvage guys couldn't be bothered to get the PSU as it was buried in the equipment rack, so it's long since gone to the scrap man