Thread: Laser Beams and Pole Dancers !!

Default Laser Beams and Pole Dancers !!

Hi Guys

Just joined this site hoping to get some help and advice. I'm doing a photo shoot and we want to use lasers with the poles for the some of the scenes and need help and advice

thanks in advance

XX

OK, but you need to provide a lot of background information. If these are stills what lighting are you using. What is your budget and is this a one time or multiple presentation?

If this is a legit request you need to be forthcoming. Otherwise, all you will get is a bunch of snide responses.

This is a one time request as we need a fresh look for a promo video and posters.

As for the snide comments i don't really care.

the budget is not set as of yet and i am trying to get ideas as I've not used lasers before and i thought this would be a fresh look for the venues.

As for what is needed this will be guided by the help from you guys and on the good advice you give will help me decide what is good and what is not.

As for the pictures why would you need them as I've not chosen the girls as of yet.

It's not whether you care about the snide comments, it's that you won't get any useful advise.

You mention video, so this is not just stills.

You need to give an estimate for the budget. It does not need to be set, but is this $50 or $5,000, for example? This is not a put down, but really guides the set up.

Girls are girls (roughly). What you should do is post what you have tried so far. The lasers can be a component of your production, but the overall design is still yours. Do you have anything so far? What is the look? What is the venue? I have a laser that can cut your pole in half. That would be pretty dramatic, but your girls might not like it.

Finally, where are you located?

if we find the look that I'm looking for then the budget will be found.

I've not tried lasers before but I've thought about using them in the promotional video and photographs. I've seen a lot of events using them in performances hence why i would like to use them.

I have nothing as of yet but seeking guidance and I'm based in the UK and there is NDA in place so can't say the client or the venue, I apologise for that in advance.

xx

Hi there LPD...
    Where abouts in the UK are you based/expecting to do the shoot?
    I may be of some help if you're not a million miles away
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Hi there WookieBoy

I'm based in London, and the shoot will be based in London. Do you have any examples of work you may show me please

x

Here are some quick issues you have to deal with.
    Laserbeams in the air are more or less invisible unless you provide some sort of haze or smoke in your scene.
    The beams are bright. (can easy exeed the brightness of the sun surface). That is why there are difficult getting good pictures of laserbeams combined with a standard photoset. It will alway be a compromise. Overexposing the beams, while underexposing the other elements in the picture.

If you are looking to use lasergraphics in the pictures, i think the challenge will be even harder. You will have to also take the galvo speed into consideration.

There are a lot of info regarding laser photography schattered arund this forum, so using the searcbutton might give you some information.

Good luck.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

I think Andy is free for the pole dancing position.
    This space for rent.

Give ER-Productions a call, we do lots of photography, touring work and I can think a few of the lads who would be more than happy to do it! (Damn, why do I have to be on tour!)

www.er-productions.com (Based in Dartford, easy for London shows)