Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM III --September 11-13, 2015

Early next week, I'll block off the upper windows to get as dark as possible during the day. That should give us most of the day Friday and all day Saturday to set up and play around. I'll have all my stuff in the indoor by Thursday night including the control table and chairs, ladders- 4X8 sheets of plywood, aluminum staging, ect. We will have heavy equipment to haul around all the stuff. I have only one long 50 foot ILDA cable, so long cables are a must. I've got plenty of extension cords, but the two power centers are going to be 50-75 feet from the action. They are at opposite ends of the arena, each rated at 60 amps each. One bank (the closer of the two) has 12 outlets and is centrally located, the other bank is outside and has 16 outlets. We have 4, 15 amp outlets on every wall near the doors, all on separate breakers. Friday morning I have to pick up the pig and beer, then I'm free for the rest of the day. I'll try to get as much done as possible prior to your arrival.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've got tons of ILDA (and extension cords) as mentioned before. That should be plenty of power. The only thing that draws sufficient power is the amps and to a lesser degree the hazers. We ran a bazillion projectors and other lights off one outlet at Club SELEM so, that part shouldn't be an issue at all.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Klaatu barada nikto!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    Klaatu barada nikto!
    sad to say i was the only one in the theatre that got this...

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It's been a hot few days, but we are pretty much all set up. I moved the Laser shelves to the arena, and leveled the footing. Lots of tables, chairs and plywood are in place. The weather looks like it is going to break Thursday, with some rain on Friday, but the weather on Saturday looks perfect. Looking forward to the meet!

I'm starting to run through the projectors, aligning and checking. I haven't been running them in some time as I've had a few other projects on going. I am still putting together a list of who I will be bringing, but because school has started up again, we plan on arriving early Saturday morning.

It's also a relief that this show will be indoors as the weather was a threat throughout last year's set up and show.

Rick, how many lasers/laserists do you think might show up?

We are hoping for at least six PL members, not including the MIT people. See you Sat!

Ok, so if I get up there midday on Saturday afternoon (on the early side), people will be at the venue setting up and I should just meet you there?

Yes, we will be setting up then. looking forward to seeing you!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sounds like Friday may be a bit light but, that's fine. It won't take long to get sound and lasers up and running really. I figure we'll be able to run through some shows and ideas Friday afternoon/evening in preparation for Saturday.
    PM Sent...