Thread: A Brief Distraction for a Friday

Default A Brief Distraction for a Friday

I haven't posted any videos of laser/light shows recently due to some technical difficulties in the disco, but I received some work-arounds recently that appear to be working, so I thought I'd post a video distraction for anyone in need of lasers on a Friday.

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01KGkXJsTNM

or Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/129839005

Nothing special here. Some graphics layered on lumia, some additional laser tracings of my bar area and a couple hundred feet of el-wire added recently. My next project will be 3d video mapping and floor video projections enabled by EKeefe, which should be good fun.

Oh, and just in case any of you get concerned regarding safety, the hot beams are over the (non-existent) audience's head. Beams at or below eye level incorporate -6 SafetyScan lenses, BAM, low power projectors, etc, and despite looking excessive on film, are quite comfortable to watch in person.

Cheers!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Nice show, I like the addition of the EL wire it trims the room very nicely as well as the old style incandescent bulbs good job

David,
    Really cool set up!
    I'm sure it's super simple, but how are you swinging the light bulbs?

Chris

Thanks, guys! I was just fooling around with the swingy lights manually. I just edited around any place where I jumped into frame. I have been thinking for a while about adding some DMX controlled pulleys to drop in DMX controlled lights or other things, but I haven't thought of anything flexible enough to apply to a wide range of tunes. A large programable 3d hologram effect made from spinning LED lights has been in the back of my mind since a smaller version was posted here on PL about 6 months ago, but I don't think such a thing exists yet . . and I'm not sure I have the skills to make one myself.

David

How many cameras did you have running? Or just one camera and 10 takes?

Ah, no just one camera and 8 or so times pressing play (lightsshow) - play (laser). It only takes a minute or two to set up each shot so recording multiple angles is easy and fast.

That said, your post made me think, 'hmmmm, I wonder if I could install 10 hidden HD webcams and record that way'. Then I remembered the two devices I toasted this year already and thought better of the idea.

David