Thread: Stolen Laser System

Default Stolen Laser System

Dear All,

We had a TRIPAN ops laser stolen from the downstage edge after the Metallica Show in Austria last night.

A few people say they saw a guy walking off with a black box. Needless to say its an expensive bit of kit. Its a LIGHTLINE TRIPAN RGB opsl with DMX internal Gratings. The police are involved and a crime has been reported.

If anyone gets offered such a system or see's one on show that looks like it shouldn't be there please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Marc
    ER Productions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tripan Rear.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	47289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1572.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	47290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tripan Front.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	47291

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that it was someone that had something to do with the production. I'm sure you guys didn't leave the lasers anywhere that an attendee could walk off with it, so you should really look into who was on the working crew…

Hi Rick,

Yes I think you are right but there were about 200 people there during the load out. The laser was on the front edge of the stage, still in position from the show. It is a sad day in our industry if equipment is being stolen right off the stage.

Marc

Try asking on clubbing websites in Austria / the FB page for the event - most people shoot video at these events so someone might have footage with the person walking off with it in the background.

Other place to look is the venue's CCTV.

A reward will probably give people an incentive to look.

Aww Marc... that sucks!

Do you know who the local crew Co was?
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

I like the reward idea as well. Also, if the laser was still in position then would anything have to have been moved or disconnected to have freed it up? With Europe such a regulated, tight society and the fact that this may not have been this individual's only crime, there may be fingerprints on file.

I had something like this happen to me after a house fire, i "had" a 1200 dolor solo pack Maxa Beam spot light stolen that night, most people where have have no clue what it was except fire and rescue, when i went to visit the fire marshal over it i also saw that the wallpaper image on his computer was my house and the neighbors on fire, nothing i could prove and i still hope it was some kids that stole it because of the shiny factor and not some one we put a lot of trust in, The main reason i suspect the fire department is my bed room was gone though and left my HF Transceiver a Kenwood TS-850. i still spot check ebay for the damn thing

I guess it's said you cant trust some employees but that is nothing new, sadly

and for the people that dont know what a maxa beam is, it's a short arc spot light with a detachable battery, they use them in movies a lot, the original Jurassic Park move used them a lot, they are a wonderful spot light and i did post a beam shot in a post on another topic, i shined it at a power pole,
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu