ID:	47294
    Many thanks

Prism use is identical
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Prism use is identical
    Huh??

How are you saying it's identical? I know you tend to be a man of very few words when posting but.... explaining that would be helpful. I've not see that type of set up either.
    PM Sent...

lol sorry, massive lack of time I have an 8 day old son, nights feel like day time at the moment.

whats different about the prism setup? both setups fire beams into the prisms in the normal way, don't they?

if the question isn't worded correctly and its explain the diode combining setup then -

two sets of beams knife edged together, one though a waveplate and then into the prisms. its a kvant module by the looks of it, they aren't using a cube to combine just a bounce mirror. so beams are two up two down before going into the prisms
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks Andy, not easy with lil babies...I'm dad too! please tooons of patience!

Well, this is lightspace module not kvant. Prism orientation is not the same on both setups, but both are double-expanding...just want to know why lightspace uses one "reversed prism", that is, beam entering 1st prism thru the right angle side, the other 445nm config not.

Why waveplate if not PBSing? Seems a pbs plate instead a pbs cube...but not a bounce mirror...isn't it?

Also, this is multimode, so beam height is 4-5mm on G2... can't stack vertically ( ...8-10mm high! module specs is 5mm beam output

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...x-series/page2
    Last edited by jors; 06-07-2015 at 13:46.

I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 8 days year old, I need some more hours in the day

ah yes lightspace, who copy every single detail of a kvant build.

I see what your referring to now, to me the 445 module has the prisms the correct way around, the lightwave one looks wrong. no idea where but on PL somewhere there is some proper information on using prism pairs.

https://www.thorlabs.de/NewGroupPage...ctGroup_ID=149

reason they use a waveplate is probably so they can combine two modules, so combine 8 diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Thanks Andy, not easy with lil babies...I'm dad too! please tooons of patience!

Well, this is lightspace module not kvant. Prism orientation is not the same on both setups, but both are double-expanding...just want to know why lightspace uses one "reversed prism", that is, beam entering 1st prism by the right angle side, the other 445nm config not.

Why waveplae if not PBSing? Seems a pbs plate instead a pbs cube...but not a bounce mirror...isn't it?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...x-series/page2
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

hahahah I see, congrats for your baby
    so in your opinion they are stacking+knife? so.. :: ? what about beam height? this is multimode...stacking vertically two 1w 520 and easily going to 8-10mm beam height! (with g2).

thanks

yes stacking and knife edging in my opinion. yes ::

with a short FL lens the slow axis (-)will be like 1mm or less, so stacking wont be an issue. its the width that will be the issue, try knife edging two multi mode beams together and then putting them into a prism pair, you get a massive beam out cos you also expand the gap between the two beams

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    hahahah I see, congrats for your baby
    so in your opinion they are stacking+knife? so.. :: ? what about beam height? this is multimode...stacking vertically two 1w 520 and easily going to 8-10mm beam height! (with g2).
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

upon looking at it again, I might be talking shit about that being a waveplate
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks Andy.. this setup is confusing me