Thread: NUBM05T Nichia 3,5 Watt diode - anyone tested yet?

Default NUBM05T Nichia 3,5 Watt diode - anyone tested yet?

Browsing through fleabay as usual, and this came up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICHIA-NUBM0...item35eb272b5d

30 watt total in 8 pcs diodes for USD 600,- is not to bad, but as the specsheet indicates, the diodes are hard to harvest. Though i see that the pure diodes also are for sale, so there must be a way of harvesting theese.

Anyone tested or have thoughs abour this?
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

... I've tested one of this 3.5W-diodes vs. a 2W-diode with identical optics for engraving and cutting through PU foam.

The diodes emitter output window seems to be slightly wider, so the bar-shape of the beam is more articulated.

In fact for cutting/engraving the 2W-diode has a smaller/finer spot and so slightly higher energy density, what's better for engraving and cutting ... didn't test it for beam shaping, but should be the same ...

Viktor

Thanks. It also seems a crazy dude made a portable "raygun" out of a complete bar.

Just got to love lasers!

... this "bar-gun" isn't so new either - have seen this with the 24x-bar of the Casio's A130 laserbank -- was much more impressive

Viktor

Here see this.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/nu...ml#post1359013

So you really have to work to get these diodes out. On the plus side they do test a little bit more powerful than the NDB7A75. @ 4A most were averaging about 6W where the NDB7A75 is averages about 5.5W @ 4A both using a G-2 lens. The major downside is the lens that comes with it is set so the beam is like a flashlight so you have to take the can off which usually pops off before you even get them out of the mount but come off real easy. They are not welded on like a normal 9mm diode. So unless someone can come up with some optics that can correct the output of a G like lens that is unfocused then they got to go meaning you now have an open can diode. So you are susceptible to particles and debris finding its way onto the dye or bond wires and one of my suppliers tried to tell me there is a gas in the can that keeps the dye from degrading long term but some say that may not be the case with 445nm diodes.

So there is more or less a big gamle of getting one of theese bars. As DTR says the NDB7A75 does more or less the same power, have a lenses that are usable for lightshows.
    Better spendig the same amount for 4 diodes likely to be usable than 8 diodes with a high factor of risk of damage. But thats me. :-)

There are probably other applications where this bar is more usefull than lightshows.

Thanks again for all comments.

Just got to love lasers!

i purchased NUBM05T about week ago
    its realy not easy to remove diodes from module (without destroying them)

but this module is worth the money

im doing about 4.2W @ 3.1A with 3EGL lens
    maybe these diodes are not doing beam with highest quality
    but these diodes are good enough for satelite projectors

by the way... 2x 8W satelite projectors for sale soon anyone interested ?

Edit---------------------------------------
    by the way, anyone tested this diode bank ?
    might be interesting due to nice wavelength

LINK - EBAY
    Last edited by MR_OVERCLOCK; 07-09-2015 at 15:40.
    QM2000.NET Intro + LivePRO // Easy Lase + Mamba Black

2x10W 450nm laser projectors - done // 20W RGB under construction...
    looking for high quality laser optics / modules / projectors ? ask here

Hello all... Looking for a little direction here. I have 2 NICHIA NUBM05T arrays. Well let's say they are similar enough. In the standard 4x2 mount. What is everyone's thoughts on powering these guys? Any drivers out there that would handle the high voltage in series? Or run them parrelel? There's not much room under these things so I'm also looking for a way to cool them. Ultimately I would like them put back the way I viewed them. It was 2 arrays stacked on top of each other. They were temp controlled via tec's to a fanned heat sink. It had a fairly complicated optical system to fiber couple the total output of the array into what looked like a 800um fiber. I was not allowed to obtain the complete assembly, only purchase the prototype arrays. Any ideas on colimating these into a fiber? What would be my best bet? I'm open to all ideas.
    Thanks!
    Adam