Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AVS/Laser plug-in for Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Great videos...

Say David - one of the FLEM videos you posted (#3, I think?) has the Peter Heyt song, "Again" playing, but the show is something else. Do you happen to remember which show you were playing? (It's about a 3 minute clip.)

In other news, saddly, I do not have the "Again" show. It must have been released for QM-2000 only. Sigh - I guess I'll have to put my own beamshow together for that song. (I gotta admit, it's my new favorite song! I've been listening to it a lot lately, much to the chagrin of the rest of my family. I think they're getting tired of it.)

Adam
    Doh! I thought the again show came with the older QM32. Now that I look at the frame file, it is dated 2002. Well Adam, it always give you the opportunity to create one better for all of us! Well, all of us PUG's anyway. Regarding the other frame file running with the Again music file, I believe that was the KLM show, which I believe is a fairly new show.

PS- Astroguy, I like your avatar! M31 is a fantastic galaxy to look at, though I think my favorites are M81 and M82 in Ursa Major. Sadly I've never been able to get a good photo of either since my scope is fork mounted, yet another reason to get a german equitorial mount...

David

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    PS- Astroguy, I like your avatar! M31 is a fantastic galaxy to look at, though I think my favorites are M81 and M82 in Ursa Major. Sadly I've never been able to get a good photo of either since my scope is fork mounted, yet another reason to get a german equitorial mount...

David
    Thanks, I took that with my Canon 1D Mark II and a 500mm lens piggy backed on a 10" Meade SCT mounted to a Losmandy mount.
    Here is one of my rigs.

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Thanks, I took that with my Canon 1D Mark II and a 500mm lens piggy backed on a 10" Meade SCT mounted to a Losmandy mount.
    Here is one of my rigs.
    Wow very nice! The Losmandy mount is about the best you can get. And so much easier to polar align than a fork mount. All my photos were taken with a C-8. I'd post a pic but I'm out of town till the end of the week. Do you deal mostly with CCD or emulsion photography? If emulsion film, have you tried hypering film? I've only tried CCD once, it was the avatar I had of Mars a few weeks ago, about 7 frames stacked in astrostack.

David

Thumbs up Cool...

Damn Fred! You *do* have some nice gear. I knew you had a couple telescopes, but I never saw any pictures.

Very nice! (Got a link to any more pictures you've taken of the stars?)

Adam

Wow very nice! The Losmandy mount is about the best you can get. And so much easier to polar align than a fork mount. All my photos were taken with a C-8. I'd post a pic but I'm out of town till the end of the week. Do you deal mostly with CCD or emulsion photography? If emulsion film, have you tried hypering film? I've only tried CCD once, it was the avatar I had of Mars a few weeks ago, about 7 frames stacked in astrostack.

David
    I did some film. I never messed with hypering. I do everything digital now. I had a Starlight Express CCD camera for awhile. But now I just use my Canon DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    I did some film. I never messed with hypering. I do everything digital now. I had a Starlight Express CCD camera for awhile. But now I just use my Canon DSLR.
    Hypering is a pretty neat process and the results are very aparent. If I were at home I could post two identical pics of M42, both 30 minute exposures with the same speed film, one with hypering and the other without and the difference is quite amazing. I knew a guy that used large format film with his CG-11. He modified the camera so he could pump nitrogen over the film while it was exposing. The results were amazing...

Thats not a Celestron focal reducer is it?!

I have a few other photos online on the web site of the astronomy club in jax: http://nefas.org/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=20

David
    Last edited by DZ; 05-08-2007 at 08:47.

Hypering is a pretty neat process and the results are very aparent. If I were at home I could post two identical pics of M42, both 30 minute exposures with the same speed film, one with hypering and the other without and the difference is quite amazing. I knew a guy that used large format film with his CG-11. He modified the camera so he could pump nitrogen over the film while it was exposing. The results were amazing...

Thats not a Celestron focal reducer is it?!

I have a few other photos online on the web site of the astronomy club in jax: http://nefas.org/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=20

David
    Nice pics, I think I had a meade reducer on at the time but I traded my F10 tube for a F6.3 so If I use the reducer I get F3.3.
    Here are a few more pics but they are pretty old. I need to update them.

http://www.pbase.com/astroguy/astro&page=all

Hey Guys
    That Andromeda pix is cool...I still like Horsehead best..
    Ever since I was a kid with my 10.5" 4.5 Cave I tried to get pix of it
    with my old 35mm..even tried Hypering too..but my clock drive was to
    crappy for it , so I gave up and just did brighter objects.
    like the moon , sun . saturn .. etc.
    Someday, I may get back into it.,. but light polution has killed it for me here
    near the big city. So I just gloat over somebody elses rig.
    35 years ago there wernt so many lights and we didnt have to go far to see stars..
    Now the only place convienent for me is out at the transmitter about 25miles se of town.
    But all I have now is a pair of binocs and the old refractor POS mead.
    If i didnt get back into lasers I would have a Celestron for portable and prolly
    a Dob in the back yard.

I got too many toys as it is..ah well.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I still like Horsehead best
    I've always liked the Keyhole Nebula (part of the Carina Nebula), even though you can't see it from the northern hemisphere. I used to have my desktop wallpaper set to a nice shot of it that was taken by the hubble. (Great pic)

Adam

Celestron for portable and prolly
    a Dob in the back yard.
    Only bad thing about the Celestron, is that to setup for photography, it can take me up to an hour to get everything set (cabling, polar alignment, etc.) I also have a home made dob that I built years ago and it takes me all of 2 minutes to set it up!

Nice pics, I think I had a meade reducer on at the time but I traded my F10 tube for a F6.3 so If I use the reducer I get F3.3.
    Here are a few more pics but they are pretty old. I need to update them.
    The pics look great, Fred! When I saw the photo of the Meade, it looks like there is a focal reducer on it and sorta looks like the writing is in the Celestron orange color, guess I'm wrong though. Anyway, how do things look when you speed it up to F3.3? I would have figured that would bring out optical flaws including spherical aberassions. Maybe with a scope that is already an F6.3 you don't get that problem. Mine is an F10 normal and an F6.3 with the reducer I couldn't imagine adding another reducer to it, probably wouldn't work too well to double reduce mine to get 3.3!

David