Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Stop laser Shop Phone Disconnected?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    no one has fred or amanda's cell phone?
    Do, and I've left a vm.. DID, however, connect with the 'former owner', and he testifies it's just likely a 'someone forgot to pay the phone bill', or some other temp-snafu, but NOT that they are 'OOB', I can't see that happening, either, and *no way* they would just 'up and bail' w/ peoples' $$.. Can't speak to the one example of slick's 'dongle-issue', but.. Perhaps they got those DB-25 dongles mixed-up with other's who were 'time-limited', etc, and / or some other 'rational' explanation.. They're not known for being outright rip-off artists..

..I've even suffered this happening before, a loong time ago, and it was flooding that wiped out their tel-room / service, etc, and there was no 'just go to vm' set up, etc..Not saying that's 'what's going on, now' (You'd think, at least, they would 'forward to a cell' / pager / vm, etc..) but, just that there ended-up being a 'logical explanation', in the end..

re: CT 'shortage', I heard, from this same person, who is quite-certainly still 'in the know' that they (CTs) are all 'Made in China' now +_+ ..so that could explain the 'long delay', (ie: if CT got in some 'fight' with the Factory over there, or it collapsed in a quake (..you know how well they build factories / schools / hospitals, etc over there.. So, who knows..) But, I'd certainly not peg the blame on OSLS / some nefarious "story" they cooked up to abscond with hard-earned bux.. That's just flat-out not their style..

..If I get a call back, I'll encourage them to login / post 'wassup', here, and they've been made aware of the 'urgency' of people's concerns, etc, so best to also try and, at least, comm / update, etc..

Anyhoo, fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:43.

I agree, its not like them to rip people off, at least not in the last 20 yrs ive purchased various gear from them.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I am local and have a house in Clearwater I am trying to sell. I need to pick up a couple lasers I have sitting there. I have known Fred and Amanda for 25 years and Bob Ash before he started NML. This does not sound like tham at all. I just sent then an e mail....bad news.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never ever known them to rip off anyone. I have no idea.....
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:43.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

is the number still disconnected?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    is the number still disconnected?
    'Tis, and I've not-gotten a reply-back from pinging them thru their 'eBay store' / auctions, either, so.. Not sure what the deale-o, is, but.. I'd bet the farm it's NOT anything like 'going OOB', really don't see that happening, and as Bob-himself testified, he's in regular-contact w/ Fred, and said 'No, that's not happening.. If it was, I'd know, direct from Fred'.. He asked me to *not* post what HE 'thought was going on', but.. He didn't have any 'explicit info', just a 'theory', but, Did-say, he was *certain* it was Not 'going OOB'.. So, again, I believe there is some 'rational explanation' / complex-situ going on, not-exactly sure whatup, but..

..Regardless, having the phone line Down / not-forwarded at least, isn't cool / good-biz, so.. Hope they get - whatever - sorted right-quick! (..I need some 100W mirr, soon, myself!!

j

This is coming across as strange and mysterious. Back orders from January can happen, but has there been no recent, positive communication? What about EMS and all the other products they sell? They can't have a business that depends only on the few items that have not been fulfilled.

If their lines are down (all of them simultaneously?) then they will be among the first to know and normally would reach out spontaneously to this forum and major customers by any of a number of alternative means. No one should have to drive by to see if there are any feet sticking out of the rubble.

The only plausible explanation is that they don't want to talk to anyone and for a business that means they don't want to do any business.

Does this have anything to do with Marc? I wouldn't be surprised, but I have no way of knowing.

^^Marc, as in ME?? No...nothing to do with me.
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Anyone get Any response / signs of Life? Marc? I'm truly Their 'Fax line' does-ring, but.. No fax chirpies, so.. Dunno.. I'll ping Bob again to see if he's gotten any 'wassup' info, etc..

j