Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photonlexicon T-Shirt Idea

That's really affordable!

Let's say we got them for $6.50 per shirt and sold them for 10 bucks even. That's $3.50 per shirt towards PL... At 500 units, that's some serious cash. For sure it would pay the hosting fees for a few months!

I'd be down to purchase 2 or 3 shirts at that price (or something close to it).

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That's really affordable!

Let's say we got them for $6.50 per shirt and sold them for 10 bucks even. That's $3.50 per shirt towards PL... At 500 units, that's some serious cash. For sure it would pay the hosting fees for a few months!

I'd be down to purchase 2 or 3 shirts at that price (or something close to it).

Adam
    Agreed. I'd buy a few myself. This quote was based on 500 shirts, but I honestly don't think the price would change too much if we got a few less... still at least 100. A couple questions:
    1. Is there enough demand that you think these would sell? If it's the official SELEM shirt for the year I could see a bunch being sold.
    2. Would this be a 2-front operation where anyone can purchase online and get it shipped or reserved and picked up at SELEM? Or just have them all at SELEM to sell there?
    3. If these are sold post creation, are there a few people who would want to front the costs? I don't mind fronting a little... but I can't do a lot. Maybe give $.25 more or something back to help sweeten the deal for anyone stepping in to help?
    Last edited by Dethlore; 07-01-2015 at 06:43.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'd buy a couple as well. I know I've been kinda quiet since starting the thread. Are you thinking about this though for a SELEM shirt or for a Photonlexicon shirt? I thought it would have much more appeal to the forum at large as a Photonlexicon shirt.
    PM Sent...

I think you would sell a lot more of these if the logo was more generic. Rather than using "this year's SELEM logo", I think a master "PhotonLexicon logo" would be best. Then you could sell them pretty much anytime. Do a large initial order, and then maybe do another one in 4-6 months. That sort of thing.

I think you'd be able to sell a couple hundred on the first go around. Probably best to handle it like a group-buy. Have everyone pay in advance, and then place the order. I'm sure people wouldn't mind if you skimmed $.25 off each one for your time.

What do others think?

Adam

I would more likely buy one if it was more laser related and had very little to do with PL or SELEM. Its all about the design for me. If its heavy on advertising the website I may not wear it or buy it for that matter. I don't want to be a walking billboard. I would rather have a cool laser abstract or beam design and have people say, " Cool shirt where did you get that from and I can lead them to the website". I'm thinking more along the line of the Pangolin shirt from a couple years ago only with less Pangolin propaganda.

I think you would sell a lot more of these if the logo was more generic. Rather than using "this year's SELEM logo", I think a master "PhotonLexicon logo" would be best. Then you could sell them pretty much anytime. Do a large initial order, and then maybe do another one in 4-6 months. That sort of thing.

I think you'd be able to sell a couple hundred on the first go around. Probably best to handle it like a group-buy. Have everyone pay in advance, and then place the order. I'm sure people wouldn't mind if you skimmed $.25 off each one for your time.

What do others think?

Adam
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Good point, Jason.

When I said "PhotonLexicon Logo", I should have clarified that. It doesn't need to be just the web address in huge letters. It could be a lissajous pattern, or a diagram of how a pair of anamorphic prisms work together to expand a beam, or some other laser-related graphic, with maybe just the letters "PL" in a box at the bottom right.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'd buy a couple as well. I know I've been kinda quiet since starting the thread. Are you thinking about this though for a SELEM shirt or for a Photonlexicon shirt? I thought it would have much more appeal to the forum at large as a Photonlexicon shirt.
    Oh - either way - SELEM, or for PL... I don't know if there is enough appeal on the forum to do over 100... but I could be wrong. In fact, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Should we get a solid idea put together for the design and then start a thread to sign up for interest?

I know some of the shirt design ideas have played with multiple colors, which is fine, but the glow in the dark ink itself is a pale yellowish color which would look strange on color. And adding more colors will raise cost as well.

I've done around 200 shirts on another forum, but not at once. That was over 5 different printing runs and over the time of 4 years. Usually the orders averaged around 30-40 shirts per run. That could be due to the low numbers per run = higher cost per shirt though. If we can get commitment to over 100 shirts, I think we can keep the cost down around $8 per shirt. (the quote for 500 shirts was $6.50).

This is one I did before - just to give an idea.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GITD.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	47551

Good point, Jason.
    ... It could be a lissajous pattern, or a diagram of how a pair of anamorphic prisms work together to expand a beam, or some other laser-related graphic, with maybe just the letters "PL" in a box at the bottom right.
    Adam
    Yes this is the type of shirt I was thinking of and would buy. Sounds like the next step is for a design to emerge and GB feeler be sent out for that design. Then we can see if we can hit 100 or more shirts @ $10-12 per shirt.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Yes this is the type of shirt I was thinking of and would buy. Sounds like the next step is for a design to emerge and GB feeler be sent out for that design. Then we can see if we can hit 100 or more shirts @ $10-12 per shirt.
    I think that could make a really cool shirt.

Just a doodle while at work...
    front or back whichever way you think would be cool...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLdesign.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	47552
    Last edited by Dethlore; 07-01-2015 at 10:45.