Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photonlexicon T-Shirt Idea

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Photonlexicon T-Shirt Idea

This musing was born from a post in the SELEM shirt thread. For those PL members that don't know or don't follow the meet and greet threads, every year at SELEM, there is an official black polo shirt that's had design submissions, been voted on and given as part of your registration fee. TEXLem had an official shirt. I don't know if it's ever been done at any of the UKLEM's, DutchLEM's, NWLEM, SoCalLEM, etc.

But, there is always a bit of a debate about polo shirts versus a T shirt and sometimes a light colored shirt versus the traditional black. Some people who don't wear polo's (golf style shirts) just have them accumulate but, it may be the only laser related shirt they have. Or.... perhaps a Pangolin or X-Laser T shirt might be the only laser related shirt they have. But yet, there is sometimes the desire to wear something that's related to the hobby or business we all love.

Though it could be a logistics nightmare and a labor of love for someone, what are peoples thoughts on collectively designing an official PL T-shirt that would be available for sale? In mass quantities, I'm sure it could be an inexpensive shirt and maybe if it sold for say $1 or $2 more than the cost to produce and ship, that extra be donated towards helping to keep the site up and running?

Thoughts? Problems? Good idea? Have I lost my mind?
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    This musing was born from a post in the SELEM shirt thread. For those PL members that don't know or don't follow the meet and greet threads, every year at SELEM, there is an official black polo shirt that's had design submissions, been voted on and given as part of your registration fee. TEXLem had an official shirt. I don't know if it's ever been done at any of the UKLEM's, DutchLEM's, NWLEM, SoCalLEM, etc.

But, there is always a bit of a debate about polo shirts versus a T shirt and sometimes a light colored shirt versus the traditional black. Some people who don't wear polo's (golf style shirts) just have them accumulate but, it may be the only laser related shirt they have. Or.... perhaps a Pangolin or X-Laser T shirt might be the only laser related shirt they have. But yet, there is sometimes the desire to wear something that's related to the hobby or business we all love.

Though it could be a logistics nightmare and a labor of love for someone, what are peoples thoughts on collectively designing an official PL T-shirt that would be available for sale? In mass quantities, I'm sure it could be an inexpensive shirt and maybe if it sold for say $1 or $2 more than the cost to produce and ship, that extra be donated towards helping to keep the site up and running?

I'd be up for buying a PL shirt - especially if it helps support the forum.

me too. i cant attend any LEM so it would be neat to buy one like this.

Depending on the design I would buy one. If it just has PL or PhotonLexicon on it then maybe maybe not but if it also has some cool as beam display or abstract graphic (Looking at Chris) on the back of the shirt then I would def buy one.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Depending on the design I would buy one. If it just has PL or PhotonLexicon on it then maybe maybe not but if it also has some cool as beam display or abstract graphic (Looking at Chris) on the back of the shirt then I would def buy one.
    so, it's kind of funny. i have been making and selling tshirts on the side and toying with a photonlexicon one. it would be handmade... with lasers, and pretty awesome.

maybe with a laser warning symbol in front and www.photonlexicon.com in back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fh-01.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	749.6 KB 
ID:	47349

Name:	shirts.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	522.0 KB 
ID:	47350

Name:	dod.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	47351

Name:	stencils.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	362.3 KB 
ID:	47352

Name:	stencils-2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	433.1 KB 
ID:	47353

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Lightbulb

...Though it could be a logistics nightmare..
    No need for it to be anything more than an 'Admin' job for someone, there are whole, entire Print / Production / Marketing / Fulfillment houses, that will build a 'Storefront' for you, and all you have to do is submit design(s), 'Admin' the store / acct. and cash the checks.. ie: http://www.spreadshirt.com/featured-shop-partners-C3828 ...

..I, myself, have done biz with these folks before for SoCaLEM (..and, they're who we're using for Laserium-ware..) and they've been great / easy to deal with, and the 'process' is pretty seamless / painless, so I can give them a solid-recommend (..Not saying they're the 'end-all, be-all, but.. Thumbs up, at least, for consideration..

..And, you've already got a few free T-designs! (..from back when I had something that resembled 'a life'..

Name:	TeamPL.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	47355 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL_T.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	47354 ..etc, etc..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Good idea!

And yes, pretty sure you've lost your mind -
    But that has little to do with T-Shirts, and mostly with that warehouse full o' lasers you have...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

@ swami -

That would be awesome, Chris.
    I imagine that would require lot of custom orders and time to outfit the SELEM crowd!
    Last edited by Stuka; 06-16-2015 at 14:38.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    it would be handmade... with lasers
    I mis-read this at first and thought 'thats tricky' haha.
    Nice designs/work. What technique do you use to apply the ink for that result. It makes me think of the Aboriginal hand drawings

Name:	stencils.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	47356

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    so, it's kind of funny. i have been making and selling tshirts on the side and toying with a photonlexicon one. it would be handmade... with lasers, and pretty awesome.

maybe with a laser warning symbol in front and www.photonlexicon.com in back

Could we afford your t-shirts? (I'm being serious. I don't know what a custom shirt like that would run.)

I'll investigate Jon's suggestion as well.
    PM Sent...