Thread: Li-ion battery pack

Default Li-ion battery pack

I am constructing a battery pack to run a MR11 solarc hid lamp, i have the control board for charging and monitoring each cell, but the cells i am using have there own pcb that does this as well, i am thinking of pulling that board off as it seems to be redundant as the controller already has over voltage/current and balance charging for each cell, In packs i have built in the past and ones i have torn apart don't have the boards on the cells them self so i am thinking it's redundant to have both and may cause faults for the master control?
    wondering if anyone has any other input?
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

are these 18650 cells?

same chemistry just they are 26650, as i understand the format that 26 mm across and 650mm long, they have a capacity of 3500mAh, in all other aspecs they are the same as 18650 cells just bigger in physical size

discharge if my math is right is 1/3 C worst case, the solarc is made by Welch Allyn and is in the MR11 form factor, lol it was the shit before high power leds came about, i have used it for camping but my custom battery pack finally gave out so i wanted to switch to Lion since the cost came down, i think i even did a build of the thing of CPF in 2005 ish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6290066.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	420.7 KB 
ID:	47391
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6290083.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	440.6 KB 
ID:	47392

The MR11 is in the larger reflector and Draco is holding the 21 watt side arc hid that got rulled out because of ballast size and color instability but i still have it and use it, it hangs from the center of a pop up tent and i run the wires to a 12 volt battery
    Last edited by Draco; 06-21-2015 at 03:42.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu