Thread: help needed locating a manual

Default help needed locating a manual

I have recently aquired a laser-uk rainbow extreme2 laser and desperately lookin for a manual for it. The laser uk site doesnt seem to exist anymore. Only need the dmx chart so i can patch it to my desk. Any help gladly appreciated.

Hey there.

I think you'll struggle to find any documentation for it as from memory, that company was a flash in the pan based around Oxford. Again, from memory, they bought a bundle of cheap chinese projectors and re-sold them on eBay with vastly exaggerated specs until people caught on...

Your best bet would be to patch 25 dimmer channels, make sure you're on your own and behind the laser and try the channels one by one to see what they do

If you post a picture of the laser, we might be able to identify which company made it and then give you a clue which dmx card is in it... but be prepared to be very underwhelmed
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    Your best bet would be to patch 25 dimmer channels, make sure you're on your own and behind the laser and try the channels one by one to see what they do
    Wait, that isn't how you're supposed to do it?

There aren't that many different DMX card models out there, maybe open up the projector and snap a picture of it? Maybe you can find some markings on there?

Picture of the projector would help. 95% chance its a china box. Then its easier to track down a manual :-)

Seems like you will have to figure out DMX charts by trail and error. Chinese support usually isn't that great or present at all.. it's you get what you pay for here.
    Controlling lasers over DMX especially with a chinese DMX board in there is usually a bad idea anyway.

I know it doesn't help you very much but it's very unlikely someone happens to have one of these ^^;