Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Diode

Do we know what the host projector drive current is for these?

I haven't received mine yet (so I don't know) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tired.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	47561

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	47562Must be a hungy bugger though ....Seems USPS is treating it to a few nights out on the town in "Frankfurt"

We are all waiting for Mr.P to enlighten us... he is probably busy tinkering with one right now...... while we are nattering online Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcpunch.gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	47563

Name:	poke2.gif 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	47582 Jordan ....PM coming thru

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-01-2015 at 20:30. Reason: poke didn't work properly!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Little new info. Got some images of the raw output compared to a NDB7A75. The NUBM44 is a thinner bar more concentrated and is definitely much bluer than the NDB7A75. I am waiting on a wavelength check but my guess is it is a 462nm diode.
    462 You're kidding??

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    462 You're kidding??

Maybe it got a bit warm !
    Cheers

I had a little mechanical problem and I was unable to do the test last weekend. I will do this ASAP. This diode seems to be trumps on the three major characteristics; color, power and divergence. This is becoming compelling. I haven't built a new projector for over a year. I don't have any plan to build one with one of these, But, with a bunch of NUBM44 diodes cooled, combined, corrected and expanded, I could have a 50W needle hundreds of meters long. I want that. I wanted a 100W diode pumped LaserScope, but the few people working on that aren't coming forward. This could be more than easy and much less expensive.

These could pump a dye laser or project on a mountain.
    Last edited by planters; 07-01-2015 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I had a little mechanical problem and I was unable to do the test last weekend. .......
    These could pump a dye lased or project on a mountain.

I hope that's easier to fix than a diode going "walk about" in Germany.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banghead.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	904 Bytes 
ID:	47570 ......

Name:	idea.gif 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	47571Aha ! had a feeling that might trump the flashlamps !

ID:	47572So it probably comes back to a question of water Kooling or heatpipes!
    Cheers

Name: idea.gif Views: 0 Size: 3.8 KBAha ! had a feeling that might trump the flashlamps !
    No, just an interlude. The 20,000+K flash lamps can be goosed to produce Xrays before they explode. This is incredibly interesting physics, but a lot of work and the progress is, slow if steady. I am actually looking at using CdSe/CdS quantum dots for wavelength conversion This has been done on the microscopic scale and really might be the breakthrough that moves dye lasers out of the 1980's.

But, these new blue diodes promise huge power with straightforward assembly.

The fix was trivial, but I had to wait for a delivery.

Water cooling, without a doubt. These are just too convenient.

http://www.newegg.com/Water-Liquid-C...5?Order=RATING

Name:	oops.gif 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	47579 I stand corrected... hope interlude lasts long enough for a quick tryout ... have dye laser doing sweet FA
    and

Name:	ThankYou..GIF 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.5 KB 
ID:	47580 thanks for the link (getting fed up with Corse Hairs silly ticket system to get simple info)
    Off-Topic:
    Has your preference for G71s over P73sgot anything to do with your sexy cooling arrangements? (been re-watching your videos) Click image for larger version. 

Views:	128 
ID:	47581
    Cheers

Ohhh! I'm a watching this one

The G 71s produce a better beam and that's about it. They also produce less power and so, as with the single vs. multimode debate, more G71's are needed to produce the same power. The net difference in the resulting composite beam is small, but in my hands leans in favor of the G71's. The G71 based system will also cost more because, despite the lower diode cost, the optics, mounts and potentially the drivers will be more numerous.

I have one projector running with a two fan model of the Corsair cooling kit. I had struggled with all manner of fans, multiple high speed and large low speed as well as bulky heat sinks and no matter what, the base plate would always become warm during the operation of the lasers. With the water cooling loop the temperature rise is undetectable to the touch and nearly silent.