Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New laser show - Immigrant Song (Zeppelin)

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default New laser show - Immigrant Song (Zeppelin)

here's a quick and dirty new abstract show.

i was setting some abstracts to zeppelin for another project and liked the way it looked, so i decided to do a full show instead of snippets.

i wanted something that had kind of an old school feel to it, but with some modern tricks that couldn't be done on a knob box.
    made with LSX, and etherdream DAC, and my little (DTR) single mode diode projector.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Very sexy! You know, you're always talking about attaining Mike Dunn status. I think you surpassed that status a long time ago. Brilliant work, Chris, as always. Keep 'em flowing, Sir Swami!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Mike at least, sells his shows for others to enjoy.

Nice work as always. I'm not personally a huge fan of the song but, the show goes well with it. Only thing I didn't care for is the color of the opposing accent circle zooming in at around 1:56. I understand the need for it but I don't know what other color/shade to suggest rather than the pinkish/purple. Maybe aqua?

(I'm just starting a Zeppelin tune as well. Must be in the air.)
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 06-24-2015 at 04:11.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Mike at least, sells his shows for others to enjoy.
    Excellent point. I am sure my projector wouldn't mind a few of Swami's shows running through it.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

yea really sell your stuff. I give mine away for free but I understand why one would charge. I need fresh material. Maybe post a few that you can buy when you make a donation to PL. Anyone stupid enough to give them away to other people are not worth dealing with and should be banned from this site. Point is collectively we have a lot of great material we could share/trade/sell to each other for non commercial use. I'd still add a watermark that identifies who was given the show so if it shows up somewhere it should not it can be traced to the leak.

Swamidog, Really great show! I love watching your videos, but I also wish you would sell your work for others to enjoy. Maybe you could decide on a price you need to get to make it worth your effort for each show and then there could be a "group buy" style purchase with each participant paying their share of the total cost. Limit the number of people allowed in the GB and then you know who has purchased it and also created a "limited edition" in the process.

I had mentioned this a few months ago in another thread but never did anything to help make it happen.

"I would be more than happy to contribute money to a group buy type of setup for show content, probably on a monthly basis. If the person creating shows uses LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow, everyone who contributes to the group buy can pay $20, $50, $75 etc. based on the # of people participating, length & quality of the show, beam show vs graphics, graphics + beams, number of projectors (main & satellites), and the $ amount the creator values the show. The group buy members can each get a copy of the show usable only with their FB3/QM2000 serial number.

If say 10 people join the group buy, each paying the same $50 amount, then the creator can make $500.00. The creator can still sell the show full price to anyone they choose without the show being copied/pirated/available in the public domain.

When someone needs/wants a show created, they could post the concept and the name of the song, and everyone interested could indicate their interest. The content creator could respond with cost per person and date show will be completed, paypal requirements, etc. Also content creators could list shows already available and the cost for group buy and number of participants needed for the group buy price.

I am open to any format: LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow but I would prefer beyond. Of course, ilda format would be ok too, but the creator would loose the control over the show that the serial number security option provides.

Does anyone see any downside to something like this? I think it would get quality content into less artistic hands (like mine), make money for content creators that otherwise wouldn't be available, and fund content creators so that they can focus on creating even more content. Seems like a win-win-win!

Any ideas on how this can become reality? Any content creators that would be interested? I would be interested in new TOP 40 radio content as well as classic rock planetarium style shows.

Another idea that comes to mind is a monthly subscription service like Promo Only and TM Century do for music and music videos http://www.tmstudios.com/index.php/hit-disc and http://www.promoonly.com/

I have had the yearly subscriptions to Promo Only and TM Century since 1994 for my dj business. There is no reason this model couldn't work for the laserist/laser show market too."

(I'm just starting a Zeppelin tune as well. Must be in the air.)
    I think Brad is right...I have fond memories of a Zeppelin planetarium show here in New Orleans in the early 1990s. Thinking about it recently, I bought every Led Zeppelin CD to listen to all the songs to determine one I would use to make a show. Your show is exactly what I would love to create, but I lack the level of your skills. I have picked a Zeppelin song to create a show and hope to learn better abstract creation in the process. I know that is the only way to learn and get better. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have something that is decent enough to share. If not at least I will be that much better and know more things NOT to do in a show.

Keep up the great work and keep the videos coming. Think about how you could sell your shows to others and how much money you would want to make from each show. You already did the hard part (making the shows) and could make some money from your "catalog" of shows. I would even buy LSX if necessary to play your content.
    Eric in New Orleans

Awesome show as always, Chris. My favorite section started at 0:50, but it was overall a nice mix of what looked like a bit of 90s professional abstract material juxtaposed against modern Swami photonic loveliness.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

the group buy approach is a really intriguing idea. this can be the proof of concept show, if there's interest.

i can offer it as a native lsx show (non-editable) or export the ilda stream into a beyond timeline. either format would be locked to a serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by djeric68 View Post
    Swamidog, Really great show! I love watching your videos, but I also wish you would sell your work for others to enjoy. Maybe you could decide on a price you need to get to make it worth your effort for each show and then there could be a "group buy" style purchase with each participant paying their share of the total cost. Limit the number of people allowed in the GB and then you know who has purchased it and also created a "limited edition" in the process.

I had mentioned this a few months ago in another thread but never did anything to help make it happen.

"I would be more than happy to contribute money to a group buy type of setup for show content, probably on a monthly basis. If the person creating shows uses LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow, everyone who contributes to the group buy can pay $20, $50, $75 etc. based on the # of people participating, length & quality of the show, beam show vs graphics, graphics + beams, number of projectors (main & satellites), and the $ amount the creator values the show. The group buy members can each get a copy of the show usable only with their FB3/QM2000 serial number.

If say 10 people join the group buy, each paying the same $50 amount, then the creator can make $500.00. The creator can still sell the show full price to anyone they choose without the show being copied/pirated/available in the public domain.

When someone needs/wants a show created, they could post the concept and the name of the song, and everyone interested could indicate their interest. The content creator could respond with cost per person and date show will be completed, paypal requirements, etc. Also content creators could list shows already available and the cost for group buy and number of participants needed for the group buy price.

I am open to any format: LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow but I would prefer beyond. Of course, ilda format would be ok too, but the creator would loose the control over the show that the serial number security option provides.

Does anyone see any downside to something like this? I think it would get quality content into less artistic hands (like mine), make money for content creators that otherwise wouldn't be available, and fund content creators so that they can focus on creating even more content. Seems like a win-win-win!

Any ideas on how this can become reality? Any content creators that would be interested? I would be interested in new TOP 40 radio content as well as classic rock planetarium style shows.

Another idea that comes to mind is a monthly subscription service like Promo Only and TM Century do for music and music videos http://www.tmstudios.com/index.php/hit-disc and http://www.promoonly.com/

I have had the yearly subscriptions to Promo Only and TM Century since 1994 for my dj business. There is no reason this model couldn't work for the laserist/laser show market too."

I think Brad is right...I have fond memories of a Zeppelin planetarium show here in New Orleans in the early 1990s. Thinking about it recently, I bought every Led Zeppelin CD to listen to all the songs to determine one I would use to make a show. Your show is exactly what I would love to create, but I lack the level of your skills. I have picked a Zeppelin song to create a show and hope to learn better abstract creation in the process. I know that is the only way to learn and get better. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have something that is decent enough to share. If not at least I will be that much better and know more things NOT to do in a show.

Keep up the great work and keep the videos coming. Think about how you could sell your shows to others and how much money you would want to make from each show. You already did the hard part (making the shows) and could make some money from your "catalog" of shows. I would even buy LSX if necessary to play your content.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

"Proof of concept"???

No proof is necessary. I don't care what the method is... Once swamishows become made available, you're talking about retirement money. Or at least a mail order bride.
    PM Sent...

"Proof of concept"???

No proof is necessary. I don't care what the method is... Once swamishows become made available, you're talking about retirement money. Or at least a mail order bride.
    mail order bride... from which planet?