Thread: RIP Pluto II

Default RIP Pluto II

I'm sure some people already know, but for those that don't, the Pluto II is officially no longer available from Lightspace.

Since I didn't see any official announcement, I figured I'd post. They've been unavailable for about the last month and a half. Long live the Pluto II!

The replacement model is the Venus II, I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. I have 4 of them, and am very impressed.

I'll have a single Pluto II (with spare/replacement parts available) for sale at SELEM.

If anyone have a pluto 2 case for sell, let me know !

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'm sure some people already know, but for those that don't, the Pluto II is officially no longer available from Lightspace.

Since I didn't see any official announcement, I figured I'd post. They've been unavailable for about the last month and a half. Long live the Pluto II!

The replacement model is the Venus II, I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. I have 4 of them, and am very impressed.

I'll have a single Pluto II (with spare/replacement parts available) for sale at SELEM.
    what's the difference between the old Pluto II and the new Venus II?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The size of the case - Venus II is smaller and lighter. And the design of the sources. In the Pluto II it was 3 separate modules whereas in the Venus, RGB are all built together as one diode. Very nice output. We saw neutrino's while in Utila and getting some is on my to do list.

@Rick - Which flavor are you selling? Is it 532 or 520 and 445 or 462? Touchscreen or manual? Also.... I'm nudging you about those flightcases.

Wow... I never understand companies sometimes. It's only been out a couple years and they're discontinuing one of their biggest sellers. I just don't get it. That's a bit like Ford pulling the F-150 out of production in favor of the Ranger.
    PM Sent...

^^From what I understand, they were violating a patent on the design. I know, I know...Chinese copy a design someone else spent ALOT of money and research on?? Nooooo!!! Nevver!!!!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The infringement was the concept of "knife edging" diodes. So, basically just about every manufacturer of modules since Arctos, has infringed upon it. Kvant, RGBLasersystems, BrightLight (edison), and I'm sure perhaps CNI, Lasever, Laserwave and everyone else down the line.
    PM Sent...

didn't hurt that they look just like a Kvant on the outside. The Venus II bear a striking similarity to the clubmax 3000.

Anyway, yes, the Venus II's are single module internally built out of 637,520,445. I've done a few gigs with them and bashed them around in the trailer in between over louisiana roads and they're still aligned... we'll see how long that lasts.

There are 3 Plutos in flux currently:

One is the oldest style with the 2-line LCD, but not touch. It has toggle switches for x/y invert and is built from 637,532,445. I believe they were ~2.5W originally, I'll have to meter to see where it is now. This was one of my original pair, the other is being made into a single-mode gfx PJ. This will definitely be for sale @SELEM as well as parts I stole from its brother. Case is up in the air as well, we'll see what kind of package I'm willing to put together once I'm on site.

The other two are very nice first-gen touch screen 637/520/462. They have the original non-compliant slow-boat shutter in them but I have all the parts to convert them to the latest/greatest touchscreen/vrad shutter. I'm really on the fence about getting rid of these guys, but now that there is a special Venus II deal w/462 in them, I just might. I'd like to be able to sell these as a set and include the very nice 4-PJ road case I have for sale in the BST forum... I really like these guys though, and may end up not selling them... we'll see.

Depending upon whether I sell the above mentioned road-case and Pluto II 462's, I may have a spare original flight case available, but I won't sell them empty unless I sell the PJ's first (either without a case or with the 4-way case). Make sense?