Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser / lighting hanger bracket adapter for use with speaker stands?

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ..Wait, whaaa?.. Brits don't have sex?? So, you mean you really do just have "Tea Time" every afternoon? I thought that was just the 'wink-wink' term for gettin 'patas arriva'
    Nah, we have "Tiffin":

Last edited by White-Light; 07-02-2015 at 00:44.

Hey guys, just seeing this thread. I made my own by mounting aluminum pool ladder mounts to the bottom of a piece of plywood and sit that on my lighting tripods. The pool ladder mounts have a set screw, and are slightly larger than the pole from my ADJ lighting tripods (with the t bar removed.) I've used this to hold my Pluto IIs.

I got the aluminum pool ladder mounts via Amazon. I am slightly worried that they're cast aluminum and will crack in half or something, but so far I've had no issues. Most of the weight is vertical against the top of the lighting tripod so the force on the walls of the mount are mostly stabilization.

Bradfo had some really nice looking similar things @ SELEM made of solid aluminum I think?

An earlier model I made used two C Clamps mounted to the laminated wood used for shelving. I used this to hold a pair of stacked video projectors on the same American DJ tripod for outdoor side-of-building MarioKart.

Lots of good ideas guys -
    Appreciate all the feedback!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The X-Laser mobile mount was exactly what I was going to steer you towards. I think we established when Adam and I were on a visit there last year that a Pluto wouldn't quite fit. Yes, it's pricey but, there is a lot of R&D that went into it, more expensive materials, weld technique, etc.

Someone posted awhile back they had a source that could make one - maybe Len (hakzaw1) - that would be cheaper although not as nice as the X-Laser model.
    Thanks! yeah I'd love to make them cheaper, but they're designed for road use so we use certified welders, have it made out of high grade aluminum and get a nice, durable powdercoat on it. Overkill for a home setup, but good on the road.