Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser / lighting hanger bracket adapter for use with speaker stands?

Default Laser / lighting hanger bracket adapter for use with speaker stands?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a commercially available hanger bracket adapter that would mount on a standard speaker tripod, and would allow you to mount the laser projector or other lighting fixture using the projector or fixture's hanger bracket?

I'm not looking for a conventional lighting stand arrangement that mounts the fixtures on arms to the side of the stand; I'm looking for something that would allow you to hang a single fixture or projector at the top of the stand, in lieu of a top-mounted flat plate or shelf.

This would be for home / private use, for projectors and light fixtures the size of a Pluto II and smaller.
    I wouldn't need anything extremely heavy-duty or expensive - just something compatible with the typical everyday speaker and lighting stand.

Thanks in advance!

RR

EDIT:

I found the X-Laser mobile mount online, which is pretty much conceptually what I have in mind -
    but that is probably overkill and considerably more expensive than what I really need.
    Last edited by Stuka; 06-29-2015 at 02:39.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Something like this is handy for small projectors: http://www.bax-shop.nl/statief-adapt...t-details.html

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The X-Laser mobile mount was exactly what I was going to steer you towards. I think we established when Adam and I were on a visit there last year that a Pluto wouldn't quite fit. Yes, it's pricey but, there is a lot of R&D that went into it, more expensive materials, weld technique, etc.

Someone posted awhile back they had a source that could make one - maybe Len (hakzaw1) - that would be cheaper although not as nice as the X-Laser model.
    PM Sent...

Flip your bracket upside down, and mount a speaker stand adapter like thishttp://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage...%5E44639487282 to it and you are good to go.

Appreciate all the feedback!

Hmm, the idea of flipping the projector's bracket and using a speaker stand adapter is an interesting idea.
    Since this is for temporary home use, I might have to do some experimenting...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I flip the bracket and use one of these
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/adam_hall_sps_36_m10_2.htm

And that's on gigs, not home use. The lifts go up to 4m if required so its a 'proper' solution. 15-20kg is what I put on them.
    If its outdoors then I drop rain covers over the top and the bar underneath is a dry location for all the electrical connections.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thanks Norty -
    That type of adapter may come in handy as well.
    Now to see if I can find something similar stateside...
    RR

Sweet.....

Stuka I may be able to get that piece at a good price as I'm looking to buy several I'll keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    Stuka I may be able to get that piece at a good price as I'm looking to buy several I'll keep you posted
    Sounds good!
    I might be interested in several myself if the price is right.

Pretty sure I could arrange for a local pickup if you can get hold of some...
    RR

Sweet.....

Thomann will ship globally, if you want a few the shipping probably isn't a big issue.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.