Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobolazer ML 10 madness

Default Mobolazer ML 10 madness

OK, so I dunno what happened, but I bought TWO mobolazer ML 10 systems in a weeks time. Yeah yeah I know, I said Im quit and shoveling out of the whole mess and then I do this. Drive to Seattle from Sacramento to get one then the very next weekend I drive to Anaheim to get the second one.
    I had to. I just had to. I stripped both dead lasers from the tables, threw them away then dropped on first a red 1.3 watt diode, then a 800 milliwatt green then finally the rebuilt 5 watt OPSL taipan blue.
    Heres the video of the blue OPSL experiment / test.
    This was done as an experiment in a closed studio with no people around and a pair of argon safety glasses being worn.
    This was done as a hobbyist experiment and not as a professional demonstration or exhibition.
    Please read the video description on the video for further details.

Now please sit back, relax and enjoy the feature film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DaTGw3WhOo
    Last edited by Vidal Wolf; 06-30-2015 at 21:46. Reason: Forgot to add the feature film clip.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Nice... Got to get one of those someday..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    OK, so I dunno what happened, but ...]
    Oldest Story in the (Laser) Book...

Two thumbs up on the 'Optically Pumped Sex Laser' flik..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I feel your pain. Or whatever it is. Having just acquired two (more) ML-10's in the past few weeks. Don't have an OPSL though.... sexy stuff!
    PM Sent...

I'm up to 3 myself! well two and a promise

pushing ~4.9W RGB into this thing and getting ~3.2W out. Just gave it a full cleaning/re-alignment right down to the actuators and it's looking great, now if I could just figure out how to minimize the losses...

I'm going to guess your losing a lot of red. Aluminum mirrors are lossy in the red portion of the spectrum. Also, at least on my unit, some of the reflectors /splitters are dichroic for argon wavelengths. I might try silver first surface at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    I'm going to guess your losing a lot of red. Aluminum mirrors are lossy in the red portion of the spectrum. Also, at least on my unit, some of the reflectors /splitters are dichroic for argon wavelengths. I might try silver first surface at some point.
    Bingo! I started this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...zer-mirror-mod on the topic.

I haven't pursued it yet especially since the recommendation was call OSLS and we know that's not going to work out presently. The Blue losses are minimal, the green tolerable, but the red >< it hurts!

I think I have a stash of BB 50-50 dielectric splitters from Precision Projection. Since OSLS is AWOL, PM me the sizes and I'll see what I can do.

I will, thank you .

Got bored tonight and put the green 5 watt on to see what it would look like.
    It turned out to be very nice.
    Again, safety in mind, a closed setting,and YAG safety eyeware on, I did some experimenting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k-n...ature=youtu.be