Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HighPower Fibers (Visible Spectrum)

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

It's been a long while.....
    Indeed it has, I hope you're keeping well . I've become more of a lurker here these days. I do check in and look at the posts every couple of days, but I don't really feel there is much I can contribute. If something catches my eye i'll pop my head up and chime in

Yes, Zeiss are a strange company to deal with. I have a visual field analyser with them at the moment. It got accidentally thrown in a skip whilst having a clear out, it's not looking at all happy. I wasn't happy either as it's a £10/k piece of kit, or should I say it WAS a £10/k piece of kit, it's now a piece of worthless junk unless they can repair it. Hey Ho, such is life

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yeah I'm OK, just older ...and grumpier ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banghead.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	904 Bytes 
ID:	47770 ... and trying to liven up the threads a bit with Aaron's smileys! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheersbeer.gif 
Size:	1,023 Bytes 
ID:	47771
    @ "accidentally thrown in a skip" .........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shootself.gif 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	47769........... what a bummer!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	47767Have you tried posting your "visual field analyser" problem here on PL.....seems there is still a fairly large concentration of grey matter parked in the wings around here!

Name:	anyone.gif 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	47768
    Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-17-2015 at 08:19. Reason: yellow blobs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Yeah I'm OK, just older ...and grumpier ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banghead.gif 
Size:	904 Bytes 
ID:	47770 ... and trying to liven up the threads a bit with Aaron's smileys! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheersbeer.gif 
Size:	1,023 Bytes 
ID:	47771
    @ "accidentally thrown in a skip" .........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shootself.gif 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	47769........... what a bummer!

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	47767Have you tried posting your "visual field analyser" problem here on PL.....seems there is still a fairly large concentration of grey matter parked in the wings around here!

Name:	anyone.gif 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	47768
    Cheers
    Lol, i'm afraid this one's beyond the combined skill set of even PL. New case, new printer, new screen, new circuit board, new ribbon cables... I'm sure you get the picture.

Basically we hired a couple of guys to clear out a large storeroom. We thought we'd sorted through the gear and removed anything worthwhile. Sadly, this unit was missed during the initial search. I can't really blame the guys as they were just hired muscle and wouldn't have a clue what they were throwing away. Once I realised it was missing the next day I rang the skip company to ask if they'd come across any pieces of gear (gave a description). They had a search and found it on a pile of electronics stuff such as old computers etc. Problem is that the guy who removed it from the skip for recycling decided to yank it all apart, ripping the cover off and destroying other bits in the process. As I said before... hey Ho .

I hope you manage to get sorted out with a fiber
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Possible busted system scavenge arranged. Cross your fingers folks, my medical friend had a competitor that does Zeiss, who knew a guy who sold used widgets, who might have one next week on trade-in.. And not cheap either....

Only on the internet...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Name:	UtheMan3.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	47879
    Just praying that widget is right size and shape! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worship2.gif 
Size:	265 Bytes 
ID:	47880
    Still haven't broken the $news$ to client ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faint.gif 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	47881
    But there is clearly a glimmer Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twinkle.gif 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	47883 at the end of tunnel

Name:	ThankYou..GIF 
Size:	1.5 KB 
ID:	47882
    Cheers