Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: NUBM44 blue- New Video

In my tests, I get 4,8mm beam waist @0,85mrad with Dave's 6x cyl (CV @30mm from diode) and G2 (4,02mm FL lens) as a colli from a single 07E
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    In my tests, I get 4,8mm beam waist @0,85mrad with Dave's 6x cyl (CV @30mm from diode) and G2 (4,02mm FL lens) as a colli from a single 07E
    Nice, what about the other beam dimension?
    Would give an idea how much can be stacked before PBS.

HAHAHA...I was feel'in particularly ornery last nite !! So..." Lite Fuse and Run " !!!
    I get 0.70 mRad from one corrected NUBM07E....with a 4.8mm x 3.75mm Nearfield footprint .....so....I think this is
    notable improved over what we get on the 044E. Note...also as with Jodi...6X Cylindricals and a G2 Coli.
    As far as loss of colour pallete....yes that would be true....slightly....as with everything...there are always trade offs !
    Haha...Jors builds great looking modules....I am sure he has a Quad NUBM07E available.....at a great price !!!
    Beam Out
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I went to Jors web site, very professional and I know why, he is one.

Well this is a bit of bummer, I just got my NUBM44 delivered yesterday xD

Do not despair my friend, it's all swings and roundabouts with lasers!
    Although what Jordi said is perfectly true for straightforward image projection, where fast moving beams and dispersed reflection are what counts....but that's where it ends. ........ the moment you go through a prism or a diffraction grating however the whole thing changes drastically and that highly visible light blue is worth it's weight in gold as a static or slow moving beam...especially if it has a dark blue next to it.
    Talking of which...gold, .... that's another colour we are still missing (just mixing red and green doesn't quite do it form me). so cryogenics here we come!
    One thing is reflected light and another totally different is a light source, try doing a halfway decent painting with fluorescent paint and you will see what I mean. The RGB colour mixing only works when the beams are moving around, .... when they are static in the air you can quite easily see both blue AND red in the same beam (it's fascinating).
    For those of us who are lucky enough (or old enough ) to have played around with dye lasers, back in the days when Argons ruled the roost.... the real deal for any colour compared to the nearest mix just doesn't quite cut it....a bit like playing a chord on a piano to cover up a missing wire.....sort of works but not really the same. Even the very high frequency 3 to 400nm range (supposedly invisible and not very good for your eyes), has it's own enchantment ... that mother of pearl metallic pink from a HeCad is quite different from it's lower octave dark red with a spot of dark blue mixed in.
    Why do you think Jordi has " several 07E here" ?....there just isn't a single best answer to the colour question, it's a matter of taste.
    Like the man who plays the trumpet said,...."who cares about what key it's in, you always use all the semitones in a solo anyway"
    Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-07-2016 at 20:07. Reason: commas etc.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    the moment you go through a prism or a diffraction grating however the whole thing changes drastically and that highly visible light blue is worth it's weight in gold as a static or slow moving beam
    Through a prism? I'm not sure what you mean.

BTW since the divergegence is about 3 times more does that mean around 2.1 mrad?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTEmagicC_toptica_APP-J_scheme_02.jpg.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	50247

I have attached a photo of an anamorphic prism pair used to square-up the fast and slow axis' of a multimode laser diode output. They generally have more loss than using cylinder pairs.

I know about anamorphic prism pairs and cylindricals. Aren't you guys saying the beam is too divergent after correction optics as well? From what I understood the beam is 3x the divergence of 3W blue and has a wider striple. If I use cylindrical lenses, that will shorten the stripe but increase the divergence even more. Do I have the wrong idea? Otherwise all multimode diodes need some kind of correction...

hahahaha not yet, but its possible setup 07E quad with 0,8mrad 4,8x4,8mm beam profile @16W Raw power

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    HAHAHA...I was feel'in particularly ornery last nite !! So..." Lite Fuse and Run " !!!
    I get 0.70 mRad from one corrected NUBM07E....with a 4.8mm x 3.75mm Nearfield footprint .....so....I think this is
    notable improved over what we get on the 044E. Note...also as with Jodi...6X Cylindricals and a G2 Coli.
    As far as loss of colour pallete....yes that would be true....slightly....as with everything...there are always trade offs !
    Haha...Jors builds great looking modules....I am sure he has a Quad NUBM07E available.....at a great price !!!
    Beam Out