Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: NUBM44 blue- New Video

Nii, you seem to know more than you let on, some questions are too basic for your knowledge, as displayed in your last response which doesn't dove tail well with your earlier prism question. Forgive me to ask, but is your first name Jay? Maybe I'm seeing things, but something awful familiar about how you write!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Nii, you seem to know more than you let on, some questions are too basic for your knowledge, as displayed in your last response which doesn't dove tail well with your earlier prism question.
    I think he was suggesting to use a prism for something else, not scaling one axis.
    My question is still open, is the 3x unusable divergence the divergence after correction optics, or before? If it's after I don't see why we can't just use $50 cylindricals to fix it. Doesn't everyone here use correction optics on any multimode diode?

Forgive me to ask, but is your first name Jay? Maybe I'm seeing things, but something awful familiar about how you write!
    Sorry, Laser57, my name's not Jay, nor have I ever used Jay as a fake name or username. PM me the profile of the other guy you mentioned earlier types like me in the other forum. I'm pretty positive I haven't abandoned a profile, forgotten about it and also lied about my name before. An nobody has mentioned that I have a unique writing style before either. So please pm me if you have a beef with this Jay guy/ are his friend/ want to do business with him/ etc and you are unable to contact him or whatever the case is.

OK, my bad then, I don't even know if Jay is the guys real name anyway You do seem to be fairly knowledgeable in several areas, What is your interest in lasers? I just began learning about two years ago, I didn't even know how to produce a laser line back then. While I realize this is really a forum full of projector hobbyists, my interest has mainly been laser pointers, but I will buy a projector someday.
    Last edited by Laser57; 07-08-2016 at 03:52.

Just laser projectors, nothing special here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    I think he was suggesting to use a prism for something else, not scaling one axis..........
    Absolutely correct !
    I was referring to spreading the colours thru a prism so as to reflect multicoloured beams simultaneously from mirror balls etc.

It is often useful to leave the prisms at the extreme edges of your scanning range so as not to interfere with your projections and also to reach normally out of range areas due to the "bend" in the prism.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-08-2016 at 08:37. Reason: spelling and stuff

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Absolutely correct !
    I was referring to spreading the colours thru a prism so as to reflect multicoloured beams simultaneously from mirror balls etc.

It is often useful to leave the prisms at the extreme edges of your scanning range so as not to interfere with your projections and also to reach normally out of range areas due to the "bend" in the prism.

Cheers
    spreading the colors with a prism is also great for lumia. i recommend using an amici (direct view) prism.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Catalango is right. The chromaticity diagram is a guide, but I think it's too simple. There are an infinite number of combinations of three colors that should produce the same hue, but the combinations that I have seen using various lasers as the source produce noticeably different results.

when they are static in the air you can quite easily see both blue AND red in the same beam (it's fascinating).
    Here I disagree. If you are extremely careful and the lenses are just right so that the beam diameter and the divergence are exactly matched. The static beam looks monochromatic. But, the precision needed is so great that I have only been able to achieve this on the bench while fine tuning a projector and the result is not stable. Move the projector or wait a day and the match is gone.

For those of us who are lucky enough (or old enough ) to have played around with dye lasers, back in the days when Argons ruled the roost.... the real deal for any colour compared to the nearest mix just doesn't quite cut it....a bit like playing a chord on a piano to cover up a missing wire
    This is why I love dyes so much. Any color you want...and pure.

Try expanding the beam to about 2cmms diameter light a cigarette (or something similar) then have a closer look!
    I have done this with a beam 3 km long in Ibiza using a Krypton (running just RED) and an Argon running just Blue.
    They were running parallel enough and concentric enough to light up the clock in the castle and both Blue and Red speckled in the junk in the air over the entire distance.
    I have also noticed this effect when running R6G in orange and the left over blue from the argon pump were mixed well enough to get through an 8 x10mm aperture the other end (>30m) of a large club, and once again both colours were visible well INSIDE the beam not near the edges. Curiously when the colours come from the same Laser tube (eg.Krypton- Blue/Red) this does not occur.

Maybe your workshop is too clean!
    Cheers
    PS. @ amici prism is very useful to maintain direction, but you don't go "round the bend" so as to access places the scanners can't usually get to unless you add a mirror as well.
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-09-2016 at 00:49.

It could be the laser graininess causing some particles in the air to only be illuminated by the blue beam and some only by the red beam. Whether you're fast enough to notice that and your brain is not merging what it sees into one color is another question though.

Can we please get back to NUBM44 for just one question? What is the divergence after 4x cylindricals? I currently don't have a driver to fire it up myself.
    I read people say the divergence is pretty bad, but then I notice they are aiming for things like 0.8 mrad. I think I'm fine with even 1.4. Thats after all around how much the very high power laser modules output right? Combine two with PBS and you get 12W deep blue with 6x4mm beam profile.
    Last edited by Nii; 07-09-2016 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    hahahaha not yet, but its possible setup 07E quad with 0,8mrad 4,8x4,8mm beam profile @16W Raw power
    How do you set up 4 with that beam diameter if just one is 4.8mm x 3.75mm?