Thread: Toads in the yard, gaining an army

Default Toads in the yard, gaining an army

Well to start my roof leaks so i was looking for the trowel for the goo to fix the roof and saw something move, twas a toad, a Bufo Americanus (American Toad, minus firearms, just poison glands) of the male verity, what has me pleased is it seems my toad army is growing and they come of there own free will. (i keep the grass long and have derbies of VCR's and Sony LCoS TV parts for them to hide in, with lots of weeds, moss, and tasty bugs for the toads.
    On a serious note i love seeing toads in my yard, i avoid outside bug killers and try to give them a safe place to hunt for bugs, he was a "he" and i guess he is about 2-4 years old and in good health aside from being abducted by a human for about 5 min. Lucky i am in a rural enough area to still find them, when it rains i try to get them off the road in the small mobile lair community i live in and then set the free in my yard. I guess i need a bumper sticker that says "I brake for Toads" instead of the Star Gate Command parking pass on my car. I used to keep them for pets but i found out that native amphibians of Michigan are illegal to keep for pets, so i make sure they are plump and healthy. and believe it or not the key to not getting "wet" while handling a toad is to not touch there back and let them climb in your hands, the males will make a chirping sound and are dark brown to olive in color, females are larger and dont make any noise, they inflate as well and seem to be ticklish on the sides, drat i just gave away a key weakness to my army, but i have trained them well and bribe them with crickets and other tasty bugs so if in the future you happen to spot a toad, treat then with kindness or death-rays will result!!! Muhaaaawaaa
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

By the time the Cane Toad army reaches Perth I hope to have a 6W 445nm Toad roaster!
    This space for rent.

Hey i used to keep a cane toad as a pet! but here they are not the pleauge they are there. since they can't survive our winters
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Great, so we have to wait for a nuclear winter.....
    This space for rent.