Thread: Programmed Beam Show for Music Video

Default Programmed Beam Show for Music Video

Hey Gang!

I compose and produce music under the alias, you guessed it, Silent Gloves. I've got a forthcoming single with the very talented Dana Jean Phoenix providing vocals. The song is called "One For The Money." We're currently working on a music video to coincide with the release of the single. The music video is all green screen/chroma-keyed, all the green screen footage has been shot and we're now on to the post production phase. My original idea for the music video was something along the lines of INXS's "Need You Tonight" video mashed up with the style of the video for Go West's "We Close Our Eyes."

In any case, we're looking for some clever practical effects for the background of the music video. I've shot some time-lapse city footage that will likely be used, but while I was lurking around here today I had an epiphany. A well-shot, programmed beam show would make for an awesome background to the video!

I'm wondering if anyone here might be interested in programming and filming a beam show for such a project? Keep in mind I'm an independent artist working on a shoestring budget, and I realize that you guys are professionals that are paid for your services. I can afford to pay a little, but I'm no Avicii or Skrillex with a million dollar budget. The director that shot the green screen footage and my video producer/post-production guy are almost donating their services, which I'm hugely appreciative for. It's probably a long shot, but I figured it worth asking!

It would be important that you have the ability to film said beam show in HD with good quality, high-bitrate results. I'd say it'd also be important that the space where the beam show is shot be dark and free from any rogue objects... think along the lines of ILDA Artistic Laser Show contest entries. With those constraints, is there any interest?

Here's a preview of the song: https://soundcloud.com/silentgloves/...review/s-G3Abk

Cheers!

Nice track that lends itself well to a very simple yet visually stunning beam show. What is your budget, I am interested and capable.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Nice track that lends itself well to a very simple yet visually stunning beam show. What is your budget, I am interested and capable.
    Hey, thanks for your interest! My budget will be, admittedly, pretty small, probably around $100-$200 at the top end. To give you an idea of scale, my last single sold about $1,500 worth over the course of a year, of which about $900 made it to me. It cost me about $700 to release and sell (album art, label costs, remixes, etc.). This is not a get rich endeavor, more of a happy to break even type of thing.

Another forum member has contacted me with interest as well. If you're still interested, do you have any video examples of your work available?

Cheers!