Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How strange - Britney and lasers

Dude... I turned 40 last year. I know *exactly* what you're talking about!

My point was that the site took a lot of work to set up, plus the physics lessons are really sound. So it didn't look like the work of your typical college student. (OK, as it turns out, it's actually the work of a somehwat atypical grad student, but you get my point.) I really did think it was some creepy 40-year-old stalker type that set it up. That is, until I looked at the "about us" page and saw the pictures of the (obviously) 20-something-year-old kids that built the site.

There's a lot more of us old farts lurking around on this board than you realize...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Dude... I turned 40 last year. I know *exactly* what you're talking about!

My point was that the site took a lot of work to set up, plus the physics lessons are really sound. So it didn't look like the work of your typical college student. (OK, as it turns out, it's actually the work of a somehwat atypical grad student, but you get my point.) I really did think it was some creepy 40-year-old stalker type that set it up. That is, until I looked at the "about us" page and saw the pictures of the (obviously) 20-something-year-old kids that built the site.

There's a lot more of us old farts lurking around on this board than you realize...
    Oh! OK, cool. That does make me feel better... lol.

Although I was joking around before, I do get easily insulted about the age thing. Man, this sucks. Still haven't fully accepted 30, then this 40 crap came rocketing by.

BTW, yes, the lessons are great there! Now, if you'll excuse me... I'm gonna' finish checking out the 5 page Britney gallery they have up.
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

I guess the message about being over 40 something strikes homebase when you have a 3 yearold grand daughter. This of course happens after you really see who is in the mirror when you pass by in the bathroom. I am still convinced it's not me in there.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Mech - Too funny. Yes, the mirror does lie! I'm actually getting rid of mine because of it's distortions of reality.

The not so funny part is the granddaughter thing. I absolutely cringe every time I remember I'm 5 years away from my grandfather's age when I was born.

Oh well, wadda' ya' gonna' do? At least we're young enough to get the full monty going that'll still put a smile on a girl's face.

Old farts, unite!

You-all whipper-snappers think turnin' 40s bad- try 50+1.

Yeah!
    Old farts, unite!

Can I join in the fun ???

I'm only 49... Err, and a bit!

Jem

damn! we're almost in the alt.lasers league.

Hahaha... well we'd better poke fun at them while we still can!

So, any more fogeys lurking about? Who's not fessing up to their Geritol habit?

Talking

I just exited the cherished twenties... So I am fence sitting for a decade or so.

There are a few more of us old guys around. Some will admit it, others wont!

RE: Brittany... I guess the attraction for her wore off when I realized that I was old enough to be her father. (eew!) Of course, her recent melt-down with the shaved-head bit, plus the rehab, put me off as well. (To tell you the truth, even my 20 year old son is put off by her recent antics... Go figure!)

Despite my age, I still wouldn't take on the dudes from alt.lasers... Some of them are in their 60's, and they have all been there, done that, and DESIGNED the friggin' T-shirt that the rest of us will buy someday! (But there are some very cool people there too - especially Sam Goldwasser...)

As far as the mirror thing goes - yeah, it's depressing to look sometimes. Getting old sucks. But what are you going to do? Sigh...

At least we've got cool laser toys to play with. For sure I didn't have anything like this when I was in my 20's, so overall I guess life is good!

Adam