Thread: lightning vs electronics

Cool lightning vs electronics

Well tuesday morning at 3 am we had a huge storm hit and took a lightning hit... So all in one computer,printer,router,APC battery backup,cell phone,AV gear,and a refrigerator all fried...lol
    Good news is all data was backed up and State-farm will cover everything!!
    Already replaced everything and bought a iMac..lol!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I lost a pc power supply once. As close as it hit, I'm surprised it wasn't more. Lighting is no joke. My best friend growing up lost everything he owned in a fire when lighting decided to make love to their refrigerator and came through the metal roof over their kitchen. We were there for the fire and, walking around the charred aftermath the following morning trying to see if anything was recoverable is a memory (and smell) I'll never forget.
    PM Sent...

I am surprised that Swami hasn't chimed in with his encounter: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ise-last-night
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Yeah lightning can do some crazy stuff and do tons of damage...!!! its crazy!!!!
    Thank God we didn't have a fire!! Just had a room that smelled like burn cotton candy.....which would be my computer...
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

I've been struck three times. Once directly. Still standing. Just put me in between the lightning and the electronics

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I've been struck three times. Once directly. Still standing. Just put me in between the lightning and the electronics
    are little pieces of you inside each lasorb?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    are little pieces of you inside each lasorb?
    lol, no idea. The direct strike wasnt the one that hurt the most. An indirect strike that got me through the ground next to a struck tree hurt way more and gave me a two week long headache. It made me extremely weak and unable to move quickly for a week.

yeah I nearly got hit a few years ago,made my ears ring for hours...
    Turns out our neighbor lost a tv and all his AV gear....crazy stuff!!!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Well tuesday morning at 3 am we had a huge storm hit and took a lightning hit... So all in one computer,printer,router,APC battery backup,cell phone,AV gear,and a refrigerator all fried...lol
    Good news is all data was backed up and State-farm will cover everything!!
    Already replaced everything and bought a iMac..lol!!
    Sorry to say but IMAC are not immune to lighting either, lol

I had a strike one time on the tree behind my bed room, i was on vacation and came back to bark scattered all over the back yard and on my ATV trailer but it only took out a phone and just the modem in my computer. dodged a bullet on that one, the bolt even missed the out door tv antenna i was using at the time, the good old channel master beasts that i swear attract lightning, and home owners associations
    Last edited by Draco; 07-22-2015 at 05:38. Reason: some spelling
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu