Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new RGB taking shape...currently RGY but looking good!!

Ha, I couldn't help but to notice the old dusty Martin lights in the left hand side of the optical table picture. Thats actually where I started... as a professional lighting designer, I still do it here and there, but I just don't enjoy being away from home for months at a time. Another side note... I'm a Vari*lite person myself. heh, sorry I digress.

As far as your new optical table goes, did you build it yourself? I'm currently looking to purchase or make an optical table (preferably make it) however, I am afraid to run into issues with drilling and tapping all the holes.

If you bought- it where did you buy it from?
    If you made it- did you go off of any plans

yeah those are robocolor 400's ... I myself have over 80 intelligent lights in my inventory now (those martins are junkers in a storage room), I did pro touring sound and lights for 11 years and I purchased a nightclub and have had it for 16... Now i fiddle with lasers more than anything these days.

Varilites are nice... i like clay paky and the Higher end Martin Mac series myself...

The box was made by Tom of Introspective lasers. Actually his cousin milled it all out at a machine shop... They are nicely done and very simple to mount and align things.

I knew it was one of the Robocolor series I have just never worked with them personally. Clay Paky, I had a fascination with for a while, but that fire has died down a bit. The high end Mac series is also very nice. I like the fact that they are not very demanding as far as repairs and maintenance go, but IMO its hard to beat the speed and more importantly the color mixing abilities of the VL lines specifically the VL3000. The red that is produced is quite stunning.

Default more images and size of box

here are a few more photos of my old box.... i have one person interested at $100.00 plus shipping... but it is not sold yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0077.JPG  

DSC_0078.JPG  

DSC_0083.JPG  

DSC_0084.JPG  

DSC_0085.JPG  

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    here are a few more photos of my old box.... i have one person interested at $100.00 plus shipping... but it is not sold yet!
    It could be... you get my PM?

Looks like you have a good place for a... MW... L.E.M... Doesn't have the ring to it that S.E.L.E.M. or F.L.E.M. did or does... but you got a club.

sorry...been busy at club... and doing an install 50 miles away.. sounds good... If the shipping is more will you cover it? i can scan reciept and e-mail it to you.... paypal to jsalopeck@cox.net

Hey Jsalopeck,

I was wondering how your system is coming along.

-Max

Default Box Sold :)

the box has been sold! my system is coming along nice, still trying to locate a 200mw 473nm for a reasonable price! To bad Marconi does not make a 473nm like those nice red unit he makes!!

I dont think he even makes green ones anymore either.