Thread: How do i test lasers

Default How do i test lasers

I have a hole bunch of lasers that i use for party's 1w to 5w rgbs..but want to know how to test failed parts. and also what to know where to find diagrams that show me what the wires off a laser diode are (the brown,blue,green,red,grey,yello,black ect) are and connection..How do i test a laser with out poping it..Any help in where i can get this info would be great cause i haven't had any luck finding it..
    This is where i put all the lasers i have..and thats a lot..probably not enough space.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This is going to be nearly impossible without some pictures. There is no way to know the manufacturer of the diode without seeing it. Not everybody uses standard colored wiring. You may actually have to try and test from your ILDA connection. What is your electronics aptitude and do you have any test equipment like a multi-meter or bench top power supply?
    PM Sent...

yes i have multi meter and bench top power..I guess what im looking for is how to wire it to the bench power supply and get it to light up..the diode has db9 conector on it and that goes to the power supply but i dont knopw what the pin outs and to see if its a power issue or laser..cheers
    This is where i put all the lasers i have..and thats a lot..probably not enough space.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Have you tried to contact the actual manufacturer of the diode and see if they'll supply the pin out? For example, do you know if the modules are made by Lasever or, CNI or anything? They may not be marked although the fact that they use db9's might be a trigger for someone else on here on an idea. I have a couple that use db9's and I think they're Laserwave if I recall.
    PM Sent...