Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Haha...nothing that 12mm scanner mirrors cannot handle !!

NO...JK...Easy measurement to do....just power up and place a white target about 50mm from the Plano Convex....and soon...a second or so...the nearfield geometry is smoking and burning a footprint !!

4.12mm wide by 2.91mm tall is what I measure !! Really !!

Beam out !!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

PM just sent. Please advise.

MMMMmmm...I received no PM ??? Ask questions here if you would like !

I am most impressed with this diode....Hmmmm....just give me a Green and Red....with the exact same power and optical properties !!.....Hahahaha....15W projector...just slightly larger than pac of Twinkies !! Well...I can dream...that is for sure !!

Beam Out
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I'm interested in building a dual PBSed version of this diode. It seems clear that a "6x cylinder pair works well, but it is not clear what these lenses are. For example, does that mean the neg lens has a FL 6 x shorter than the positive recolimating lens? I usually use a rectangular neg cylinder and a round positive cylinder because these are easier to fine-adjust. Would a (-)25mm and a (+)150mm be what is described as 6x? In any case, what are the near field and far field measurements with this magnification?

A G2 sounds like a definite.

Spatial filtering will be used and this will allow final expansion to around 40mm. I plan to try to throw this beam about 2 km.

I will probably just heat sink because cooling or extreme cooling may increase power, but will also counter the desirable red shift.

I am ordering some custom optics for my dye laser from a CN company that I have used over the years. They make wavelength specific 1/2 wave plates that are nearly as good as Tower Optics and I will be ordering a few for this project. Anyone else interested? The last quote (two years ago was $65 each 12mm aperture), I am waiting for a new quote.

OK...The Cylindrical lens set that I used has the following published metrics...

PCV @ 6mm FL
    PCX @ 40mm FL

AR coated BBar 400-700nm

The above FL's works out to a 6.66 magnification.
    Both optics measure 18mm wide by 23mm tall.
    Lens to lens inside separation distance @ 28.0mm
    PM me for availability.

Nearfield dimension = 4.12mm wide x 2.91mm tall ( At 50mm from PCX lens)
    Farfield dimension = 9.1mm wide x 8.7mm tall ( 7.62M distance )

These measurements equate to a 0.65mRad

Disclaimer: This style Cylindrical lens was first used by Edison. I find the size and equal geometry for both the PCV and PCX...easy to work with.

I have experimented with these C Lenses on the NUBM07E, NUBM01T and the NDG7475.
    They work great with all these high power Multimode....under 1.0mRad on all three diodes.
    What more can ya ask for ??? Good luck Mr.P !!

Beam out.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I'm interested in building a dual PBSed version of this diode. It seems clear that a "6x cylinder pair works well, but it is not clear what these lenses are. For example, does that mean the neg lens has a FL 6 x shorter than the positive recolimating lens? I usually use a rectangular neg cylinder and a round positive cylinder because these are easier to fine-adjust. Would a (-)25mm and a (+)150mm be what is described as 6x? In any case, what are the near field and far field measurements with this magnification?

A G2 sounds like a definite.

Spatial filtering will be used and this will allow final expansion to around 40mm. I plan to try to throw this beam about 2 km.

I will probably just heat sink because cooling or extreme cooling may increase power, but will also counter the desirable red shift.

I am ordering some custom optics for my dye laser from a CN company that I have used over the years. They make wavelength specific 1/2 wave plates that are nearly as good as Tower Optics and I will be ordering a few for this project. Anyone else interested? The last quote (two years ago was $65 each 12mm aperture), I am waiting for a new quote.

The lenses you used are not -6 and +42 but -7 and +42. I got these manufactured a while ago and used them in my multimode setups. I don,t have any in stock at this moment and i won,t do another run. To get them manufactured to a reasonable price you need to do a run of 100+ to make worth the effort. To spend a couple of 1000usd on a big run is not on my priority list ;-) Besides the group of people who build their own systems is getting smaller by the day so i takes ages to get rid of them.

but if anyone has recieved a big christmass bonus and wants to do a run feel free to copy it..........

I'll PM CD and if no luck then the FLs are all I need. Thanks.

I know that building projectors has become largely replaced by imports, but for what it's worth, I am building a single color module for another purpose.

I wouldn't mind trying one of these wave plates. what wavelength will you order 470nm?
    EDIT: on second thought maybe it would be better to use a cyl BE on each diode, rotate one 90deg, and then hit the PBS?

I think that COULD work, but there is a pretty good chance the expansions and divergences will be a little different. This would only serve to reduce combined beam quality. Also, the PBS allows the two input beams to be adjusted for alignment where you will otherwise need an additional mirror to do this.

I think that COULD work, but there is a pretty good chance the expansions and divergences will be a little different.
    True. Could end up with a bit of a "+" in the far field depending on the BE expansion ratio. However, it could make a good candidate for a round "pinhole" filter?

Also, the PBS allows the two input beams to be adjusted for alignment where you will otherwise need an additional mirror to do this.
    No reason you couldn't aim both diode + BE set-ups at the PBS. Thus, skipping the turn mirror.