Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holography Laser Wanted

Default Holography Laser Wanted

Hi all

It's looking like i'm going to be starting the hunt for another good holography laser as it looks as though my trusty C532-200 ring cavity laser is preparing to meet its maker (Don't ask).

Ideally I would like something of decent power so I can keep exposure times down, therefore something between 100mW and 200mW would be ideal (or maybe even greater power, i'm not fussy ). Single LONGITUDINAL mode and long coherence length is essential as is DPSS (no gassers, sorry). I would only risk buying a laser that is a known brand and has been well proven for holography. The wavelength i'm looking for is 532nm.

Something along the lines of a Coherent 315m 100mW or 150mW, or even another C532-200 200mW ring cavity laser would be ideal. Shipping will be to the UK.

If you have anything you think may be suitable please PM me and don't reply to this thread. This way i'll be able to notice the message and get back to you quickly.

If anyone has a C315m head only i'd be interested in that as I have all the necessary drivers etc here.

Many thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    (Don't ask)
    What happened?!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    What happened?!
    Tch, there's always one
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Entropy took it's toll on the laser; the laws of thermodynamics are cruel. PM send about lasers! Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Replies sent

Just thought i'd bump this one for any members here who haven't seen my quest for the holy grail.

Hi Jem,
    How about a healthy 315M, 79% diode at 105 mW for $1,750, with low hours. I can't do anything about shipping costs or duties but we do have some healthy lasers tested by Sam. You can buy one on e Bay for $1,400 but it may be running at 95% diode to make 100 mW and have 22,000 hours on it. Best, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Thanks Phil. I'm still looking to see what's out there. I'm in no desperate hurry as there is still hope my 532-200 may live again

It really is the shipping and import duty that kill the prospect of a purchase from Sam and yourself. I know your lasers are good, but they are always just a little too expensive once the tax and shipping is added on. Hopefully there may be someone in Europe that has something for sale.

Just bumping this one up in case there's anyone has a nice single longitudinal mode laser kicking around gathering dust...

jem could you bring your setup to the lem again?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat