Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got a drone!

I'd settle for a remote "squawker" I could trigger should this happen again...

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'd settle for a remote "squawker" I could trigger should this happen again...
    I just bought a GPS collar for my dog. I was amazed at all the tiny GPS tracking gadgets that work with a sim card. Locate that dead drone within 3 meters! You want to make sure it works on satellites rather than cell phone tower triangulation.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    It was super fun flying it....for 20 minutes....before the wind grabbed it and threw it into the forest next door.

I had a drone. Almost for a full day!

Walk into the forest when it's quiet...hit the rev switch occasionally...Might get a sound from the drone to locate...

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Walk into the forest when it's quiet...hit the rev switch occasionally...Might get a sound from the drone to locate...
    Oh, I had a good laugh at this one. It seems a reasonable idea until you hear what passes for quiet where I live. It's like every insect in the world is doing it with every other insect in every tree 24/7. Also, even at idle, the battery wouldn't last long enough for this to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

The + side to Traxxas being 45 min away is the new drone arrived today, so I'm back in action