Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a drone!

Default I got a drone!

It was super fun flying it....for 20 minutes....before the wind grabbed it and threw it into the forest next door.

I had a drone. Almost for a full day!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Welcome to the money pit!!!

Lick your wounds and go buy another.
    PM Sent...

Yeah, already ordered the replacement. It's just a (relatively) cheapie Traxxas Alias. Replacement: $75

I like the traxxas for what it is. I am using it as a trainer so I can learn how to fly really well before dropping $800+ on a "real" drone. FYI, the traxxas is fast. Try to find an open field to get used to its speed.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Smile

That's pretty expensive for a 1S battery drone that doesn't even have a camera.

Take a look at the V222 quad from WL Toys. I've had that one at FLEM several times, and it was one of the ones I had at SELEM last year. For $70 (delivered) you get the bird, the radio, the battery, the charger, a camera that shoots video and still pictures, a 2 gig microSD card for the camera, a thumb-drive adapter for the SD card, and 4 spare props. That's hard to beat.

The V222 is just about impossible to kill. I've handed the controls to people who have never flown before and let them crash it onto the sidewalk. No damage. And it's easy to fly. Within 5 minutes most people have it down pat.

I got mine from Banggood.com, but these days you can find them on E-bay and Amazon, if you want to get them right away. Pick up a 5 pack of the batteries (3.7 V, 500 ma) and a 5-way charging cable and you'll be all set. Flight time ranges from 6-10 minutes per battery, depending on how much of a hot dog you are and whether you keep the video camera running or just shoot a few stills...

Adam

I'm still laughing at the guy who mounted a gun on his drone. I mean, how much more trouble would it have been to make a lightweight body shaped like a hand?

Hello,

Video of a lost Drone being Rescued:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IP...=HarrisenHowes

ED

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

The V222 is just about impossible to kill. I've handed the controls to people who have never flown before and let them crash it onto the sidewalk. No damage. And it's easy to fly. Within 5 minutes most people have it down pat.

Adam
    My little brother managed to kill his on multiple occasions
    But he has a habit of breaking things (he's not allowed in my room unsupervised... I break enough on my own!)
    Not a bad drone but feels a little "cheap", things keep breaking but are easily repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I like the traxxas for what it is. I am using it as a trainer so I can learn how to fly really well before dropping $800+ on a "real" drone. FYI, the traxxas is fast. Try to find an open field to get used to its speed.
    That's exactly my plan. I've been driving R/C cars off and on for 28 years but I'm new to flight. I like that Traxxas is a US company and their HQ is 45min away

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    I'm still laughing at the guy who mounted a gun on his drone. I mean, how much more trouble would it have been to make a lightweight body shaped like a hand?
    Your challenge, should you chose it, is to mount a 6W 445nm on a drone..... Puts on his asbestos suit....
    This space for rent.