Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Need some help planning/building RGB scanner

Itsa good place to start with a can diode without popping it open.
    The ones I have are 1 to 2 mm ones. But somewhere round here I have some others but dont think theyre 3 or 4's .
    maybe I used those up already, I cant seem to find them now..
    Ah well, I need to order a selection anyway as Ive got a SDL-7470 3w 664nm red here that needs help.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

3 Watt OOOH, sounds tasty. Anyways, I just measured the divergence and the beam spread measures 2.5mm x 55 mm @ 14 1/2 feet. I wonder what lens I'll need for the fast axis? N/m - a micro-rod-- I know -- I guess I could buy both the 3 and the 4 -- the pit's gettin' deep
    BTW- I'm running the aspheric right on top of the can- probably no more than ~3mm from the junction I est..
    Last edited by steve-o; 12-22-2007 at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by marconi View Post
    rip the top of the can off
    I was told by the Mitsi rep that they're going to release a capless version - as they have had many people moan about the fast axis divergence of these.

unless you do what marconi is going to do ( cutting the top off the can) the beam on the f a will by time it leaves the front facet get passed the window on the can it will have spread out enough for you to use a 3/4 mm rod lense if you want to capture all available photons, where marconi could probably use a 1/2mm rod lense because he can place the rod right in front of the chip( rather him than me lol) normaly these rods are used to make a line generator but thr reverse is true, to get rid or slow down the fa well i hope you guys succeed it will be nice to get 150mw of 636nm for a good price and i am sure with patience and time you and marconi will crack it good luck guys and keep that info comming
    Paul

Yeah, I'd like to get the projector put back together asap with 660, 636, 532 and of course the blue.. (will have to wait for now thanks to the mitsu charge.) .. Still 295 per diode isnt bad for 150 mw of red/org. The brightness does look equivalent to 400 mw of 660. For the color balance enthusiasts out there I dont know how well this will work compared to 660, but I think the color is reallly super-nice

..So now I have 3 rod lenses to buy?? a 3/4mm, a 3mm and a 4mm
    Can anybody narrow this down a bit so I dont go brok(er) than I already am ? I wonder if Onestoplasershop has discount rod lenses. Edmunds is mid- pricey. I could probably get away with optical grade plastic, maybe..

Methinks I'll move this project to a new thread since its gone way off topic from the orig post..

haha no biggie Steve-o it keeps my thread alive until DHL finds what they are looking for

Yeap, The holiday shipping can be very hectic I sure hope they find your Green unit for you...It'd be interesting to see how it performs..
    Fingers crossed that it comes to you tomarrow.

I'll be watching this thread for your results.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Unfortunately I doubt it will come tomorrow, I still haven't seen any tracking updates for a week now. Which indicates that the actual package has not been scanned since last Sunday. Oh well... it will show up eventually, I just hope the extra handling didn't cause any damage. Time will tell.