Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: four to one?

Default four to one?

Hi everybody!

I'm new in here so, I have many stupid questions...

At first, is there any possibilities to unite four green lasers (50mW) to on 200mW - check this picture: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5352/four2oneig3.jpg

I think the normal way to unite RGB laser beams does not help in this situation, becase there are same wave lenghts in all four beams...

Quote Originally Posted by Bart1260 View Post
    Hi everybody!

I'm new in here so, I have many stupid questions...

At first, is there any possibilities to unite four green lasers (50mW) to on 200mW - check this picture: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5352/four2oneig3.jpg

I think the normal way to unite RGB laser beams does not help in this situation, becase there are same wave lenghts in all four beams...
    welcome to here.
    the way you showed can't do that working, in your wany , you want the optics can both transmission and reflection the same wavelength, that is impossible, the normal optics only can reflection or transmission one wavelength, Cube can combine different polaration same wavelength lasers, but only two. why do that, you just can buy one 200mW unit, which is more cheaper than four to one.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

i dont see why more than 2 PBS cubes cant do the trick for ya. (PBS= Polarizing Beam Splitting).

if you combine 2 greens to get 100mW. you should just be able to do the same thing to another set of 2 to get 100mW then combine THOSE 2 through a PBS cube. Although, it would be hard to know which way the beams are now polarized.

but bridge is correct. by the time you get done doing all that you probably could have just bought yourself a 500mW green!! lol.

(others may correct my theory on the multiple PBS cubes by the way. im just learning about that myself also!!)

-Marc

the output of the PBS would have both polarisations, which you couldn't feed into a second PBS without losing one of them. Maybe with some sort of waveplate in between it would be possible..?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    i dont see why more than 2 PBS cubes cant do the trick for ya. (PBS= Polarizing Beam Splitting).

if you combine 2 greens to get 100mW. you should just be able to do the same thing to another set of 2 to get 100mW then combine THOSE 2 through a PBS cube. Although, it would be hard to know which way the beams are now polarized.

but bridge is correct. by the time you get done doing all that you probably could have just bought yourself a 500mW green!! lol.

(others may correct my theory on the multiple PBS cubes by the way. im just learning about that myself also!!)

-Marc
    I would ask...what is more reliable 4- 100mw lasers or one 400 mw laser. What are you going to do your show with if your 400 mw laser goes down?

oh, Marc
    you can't do that, as you know, after one PBS, the lasers had s and p polaration 50%-50%, the PBS only transmission one polaration and reflect another, if you do that, you just waste one PBS and 2 lasers, you got the same power just like use one.
    Maybe with some sort of waveplate in between it would be possible..?
    yeah ,you are right, wavelplate can change the light polarization but it will change both, remember both.
    I would ask...what is more reliable 4- 100mw lasers or one 400 mw laser. What are you going to do your show with if your 400 mw laser goes down?
    don't worry the reliable of 400mW green lasers, well lasers life time always more than 5000hours,up to 8000hours, some maybe 10000hours(this is always the LD expect life) please attention this threads:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3674.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    yeah ,you are right, wavelplate can change the light polarization but it will change both, remember both.

Best regards!
    Bridge
    What happens when you pass a circularly polarised beam through a PBS? a waveplate that circularises the polarisation would operate on both orientations.
    Last edited by drlava; 02-18-2008 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    oh, Marc
    you can't do that, as you know, after one PBS, the lasers had s and p polaration 50%-50%, the PBS only transmission one polaration and reflect another, if you do that, you just waste one PBS and 2 lasers, you got the same power just like use one.

don't worry the reliable of 400mW green lasers, well lasers life time always more than 5000hours,up to 8000hours, some maybe 10000hours(this is always the LD expect life) please attention this threads:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3674.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

maybe it will be useful:

2 beams (s+p)--> 1 PBS (s+p)--> 1 PBC(s+s)--
    2 beams (s+p)--> 1 PBS (s+p)--> 1 PBC(p+p)--

-->1 PBS(2s+2p)

PBC=polarized beam converter

Thanks guys!

I bought (impulse purchase) my 50mW laser pointters (4pcs.) from Thailand a few moments ago. The beam is very good looking (nice colour of green) and quite bright for just a pointter. That's why I decided to build a some kind of controlling for these lasers.

The first plan was to displace a halogen bulb of DMX controlled roller scanner with 4 lasers but as you propably know, the hunger grows while eating...

Currently here is two options: 1) I'll build 4 pcs. of 50mW scanners with EasyLase USB and K12N galvs. or 2) I'll build only one scanner with high power laser.

The problem with the 200mW green laser (or even bigger) is that they are very high prized - or are they?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    What happens when you pass a circularly polarised beam through a PBS? a waveplate that circularises the polarisation would operate on both orientations.
    I am sorry, I just not think carefully in my mind.
    yes, you are right.
    PBC can do it.
    just like Samuel write

2 beams (s+p)--> 1 PBS (s+p)--> 1 PBC(s+s)--
    2 beams (s+p)--> 1 PBS (s+p)--> 1 PBC(p+p)--

-->1 PBS(2s+2p)
    The problem with the 200mW green laser (or even bigger) is that they are very high prized - or are they?
    maybe it is cheaper than you combine 4-50mW to one, with the same prices maybe you can buy one power higher than 300mW.

Best regards!
    Bridge