Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers

... end of last year a company developed for me special 20A-drivers with step-down converter (when tested, I've got no heat with 24V source and 9W-diodes at around 5Amps) and a PIC as 'intelligent' controller.

The project was canceled in May, so it's now on hold, until/if I'll step in with another development.

If there's enough interest, then it could be worth to reactivate ... but it's more meant for industry grade modules, so maybe too expensive for the laser-show folk :-/

Viktor

Edison why not sell your drivers? Be that stable source.

There are a number of reasons why i don,t sell them. The main reason is that i don,t want to sell parts unless there is healthy profit to be made. Second we already have a number of parts sellers like Stanwax , Lasershow parts and Lasertack and i don,t want to be some sort of competitor. The selling price would be quite high of these drivers as i need to sell them at least at 125 euro excl vat to make that healthy profit and i don,t think there is much demand. I can lower the selling price but i need to invest in huge batch to get the manufacturing costs down. At the end of the day its me that need to invest a huge amount of money in drivers and take all the risk while there is a chance the i won,t sell that many leaving me with a huge overstock. Drivers from laserstack , lasershow parts and OPT do the job quite nicely and very low priced so i don,t think we need another source. Another thing is that the group of people that build there own projectors is getting smaller by the day since china can do things cheap. From the small group that is still building there own projectors only a handful is really aiming for getting the same quallity as an arctos or RGBlasersystem since the majority doesn,t care as they do beamshows.......

Good points. I love graphics. Beams not so much. Hence I buck the trend. The rgb low power bundle from Dtr did me proud in terms of beam quality. Nothing short of ion or Opsl beats single mode. Now I want 6 color beam mixing back. Need a real yellow and cyan next. 650, 640, 520, 588ish, 480, 460, 445. 1mm beam 0.01mrad. I can dream but maybe some day for under 100k.